COMODO BackUp 3.0 BETA4 released

We are happy to announce that COMODO BackUp 3.0 BETA4 is available for download.

What’s fixed:

• synchronization issues
  • instant restore when selecting a few small files from a large backup
  • support for parameters when running task before / after backup. Example: “C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe” /f /t
  • “Windows can’t verify the publisher of this driver software” on Vista & Windows7 32bit and 64 bit
  • mounting splitted backup from previous version
  • GUI issues when editing a schedule

Known Issues:

1. If you have BETA1 installed you need to uninstall it, restart the computer, then install BETA4
  2. some issues with exporting script and command line
  3. some issues with backup to ISO, self extracting backup format
  4. Mounting a backup performed with 2.2 version or earlier might take some time depending on the backup size.
  5. Registry and System backups performed with 2.2 and previous versions for files that are locked might be corrupted. To avoid crashing the operating system these backups should not be restored after restart, especially if these file are used by the operating system.
  6. In some cases CBU.exe might remain in process list even if the interface is closed

Bug Reports:

Please use COMODO BackUp 3.0 BETA 4 BUG REPORTS to report your bugs. Our moderators collect these bugs and submit them to the devs
https://forums.comodo.com/beta-corner-cb/comodo-backup-30-beta4-bug-reports-t60862.0.html

BETA NOTICE: This product is intended for special users (BETA Testers) who would like to join the testing process. It may contain major bugs that could cause serious problems and not be suitable for your everyday use yet. Please do not use it in your production machines.

Download Locations:

Setup for Windows XP 32-bit/64-bit, Windows Vista 32-bit/64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit/64-bit, Windows Server 2003 32-bit/64-bit, Windows Server 2008 32-bit/64-bit:

http://download.comodo.com/cbu/download/setups/CB_3.0.160298.77_xp_vista_server2003_server2008_win7_BETA4.exe

Size : 16.43 MB (17232352 bytes)
MD5 : 906233193a59784c46ff7a41a3ea034a
SHA1 : 5bdd3d0f7b85d07d20677dae40e6e9afcfafaf4f

looking forward to giving this release a run…

c

I got another fresh windows 7 install in and tweaked. I’ll see what bugs I can find :-TU

Thanks Emanuel

This is the best release yet. I have not noticed any major problems yet, just a few minor cosmetic things.

John

good work guys!

Melih

I let my Father have a go with this release, he currently uses 2.2, and he liked it very much. But, one thing puzzled him, why isn’t the scheduler at the end of the wizard (Simple and Advanced). He found it confusing and odd that it wasn’t. He kept clicking the “Backup now” button thinking it was the next stage in the wizard.

Any way, just his thoughts

c

v 3.0 has an option to create boot disks?

No, it doesn’t.

Thanks

it should possible to use it with winpe (windows xp bootable from cd-rom or usb stick). that way you can create your ownrecovery system.

Any idea on a time frame for the final release?

Thanks.

I can’t find a way to change the timing of a scheduled backup.

How is this done?

Thank you.

Please see the attached screenshots:
step1 - Manage, choose “Switch to list view”
step2 - select the schedule and click edit
step3 - choose your timing

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thanks.

So far, Beta 4 is working great on my system with Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

Hi

The public release version is available.
https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cb/comodo-backup-30-build-96-public-release-t63230.0.html

Thanks