COMODO BackUp 3.0 BETA3 BUG REPORTS

Please post all bug reports & BSOD’s here.

Be sure to include:

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit);
  • Other Backup & Security Software Installed;
  • How you produced the problem;
  • How you tried to resolve the problem;
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any);
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any;
  • file system (FAT32/NTFS/…)
  • All log files;
  • does Diagnose says the application is installed correctly? (“Diagnose report.txt” in installation folder)
  • User Account Control On/Off ?
  • Any other Additional Information;

I am getting pop up reminders regarding a missed scheduled backup. These reminders appear very annoyingly every 30 seconds or so, despite clicking the NO button. Just one pop up would suffice.
pic1.

CBU is still not recognising that an “System Back Up” has been successfully taken.
Pic2.

Still unable to run programs with command line parameters before running a back up.
runbefore log.

Windows XP SP3
Paragon Backup and Recovery 10
NTFS
User Account off
Diagnose report attached

c

[attachment deleted by admin]

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.
No other backup software.
COMODO CIS.
UAC is off.
NTFS.
All my backups are saved to a network location, onto an OpenSolaris file server.
The diagnostics file showed everything as ok (forgot to save it before uninstalling again but I did check it. :wink: )

The biggest problem I’ve seen so far, is that I can no longer create or edit monthly backups. In either case I get the same error in the gui (sched_error.png). Plus, the schedule settings are never saved as I set them originally, they usually jump into the future (for a start date I didn’t specify) and show in the calendar only on the day they were created and not on the day they say they are supposed to run.

I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled CBU. Run it as both myself and elevated.

Where does CBU keep its saved settings? The uninstaller needs an option to purge any saved settings, such as default backup location, etc. I’ve also noticed that the ‘log to file’ setting is kept across backup creations - every time I go to create a new backup, of any type, if I select ‘log to file’ it automatically defaults to the same location (but not the same file name). How can I purge any and all saved CBU settings in between reinstalling (using system restore at the moment is not an option - I will be reinstalling Win7 soon and will be more diligent about this in the future)?

Additionally, 8-9 times out of 10 I have to kill CBU.exe manually after testing settings. If you need anything for this, I’d be happy to provide any dumps, etc.