COMODO BackUp 2.2.127000.12 released!

rescue disk a must

There is a workaround to achieve this. Create a script/batch file that contains just a single line

shutdown -s -t 120

and, when defining the backup job, select to run this script/batch after the backup has completed.

“shutdown -s” runs the shutdown command to, strangely enough, shut the workstation down and the “/t 120” parameter introduces a delay of 120 seconds to the shutdown process. The 120 second delay is not mandatory, but I usually include it to allow any disk activity to complete before the actual shutdown sequence commences.

Hope this helps,
Ewen :slight_smile:

Thanks for the thought, Panic, I have used that argument with some backup jobs in the past. I thought it would be useful to have the “tick box -Shutdown after backup is complete” option in step 4 could also be shown in step 6 especially for manual backups.

c

hello,
escuse my poor english (french)

use the version1 with copy simple copy with revision for some task
and simple copy with no revision for another task.

with version 2 i don’t how to make revision ?

for another version ?

thank’s a lot

ret74

Hello Emanuel!

Great news indeed… I’ll be waiting for it too! :-TU

Please can you add an option in Comodo Backup like ‘ECHO’ in Microsoft’s SyncToy:

“Echo looks for changes (new files, renames, deletes) in the left folder and makes them in the right folder (one-way sync).”

Hi

We already have this feature, it is named “Synchronized copy”.
It is available for “Files and Directories” in Backup Step 2.

Thanks

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thanks for your reply.

I tried Synchronized Copy again and it now works in my Windows 7 64bit, as previously it was not doing a sync run at the specified intervals.

Many thanks to Comodo for all their great products. I had no idea who or what Comodo was but with all their free software products it is a great and trustworthy company.

Hi

Can you reproduce this?
If you can, please give us more details so we can investigate.

Thanks

Hello, first of all I would like to thank COMODO for bringing us such a great product and for spending time and effort to improve it for all users.

There are however some still some problems which I face and would like to highlight. Firstly, the synchronized backup does not seem to work very well, although this definitely is better than it not working at all as in the previous version. For example, it does not delete files on the synchronized copy which have been deleted on the master copy. This may be because I’m using it to monitor a quite a number of files.

Secondly, I would also like to see a more comprehensive logging system which states which files have been copied, deleted or changed each time the synchronization is scheduled to run, and saves that data until I decide to clear the log or delete it. Presently, each time it runs, the log file is cleared and replaced with a new one. This makes it hard for me to determine to cause and troubleshoot any problems which may have caused the first issue which is stated above.

I will also be posting this in the bug reports with more information, since this thread is to suggest new features.

Thank you very much!

Melih,

Try to invite people from other places, not only to ask the ones that are here, because if You and Comodo are serious about building state of the art product this way it won’t go far (no offense to anyone).

From Comodo staff should be contacted this guy especially if he is willing to help you: Brian K (Imaging Guru)

http://community.norton.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/15463

And this guy :

Cheers,

+1 on incremental feature this would complete the backup solution for me. Also wouldn’t be bad to introduce a form or image based backups similar To Windows 7 and Server 2008 Backup I know this is asking alot so I will hope for a Incremental update soon, thanks for all your hard work.

Imaging is already in Comodo Backup V2.X. On the opening screen (where you choose the type of backup job), select “Disk, Partitions and MRB”.

You can backup a complete drive, a single partition or the Master Boot Record.

Cheers,

But can you restore this image without having to re-install the os first then install comodo backup? With other image based back-ups you can resotre the whole image without needing to re-install also they are incremental. just Dreaming.

At the moment, you do have to reinstall Windows first but there are plans to provide a bootable restore disk in the future.

This is VERY NICE to hear, I can’t wait for this to happen… Comodo make such great products for us all! :ilovecomodo:

I am a member of ubcd4win.com and boot-land.net, it would be great if we could get the product integrated as a plugin for PE and we could just use existing Boot Environments and utilize Comodo Backup, I would be willing to beta test for you guys.

I installed this when it was released, but failed to comment. So I am rectifying this now.
The bugs I had with previous versions have now disappeared.
Great job, Comodo.

I still look forward to a release of a bootable restore module to allow system restores should the harddrive crash. (note my backups are on a second HDD dedicated to this purpose.)

SO… 2 months have passed…
Any ideas of when will the incremental backup, and the bootable cd form part of CB?

Thanks

any progress on being able to mount an external drive and restore from it or extract individual files ?