COMODO BackUp 2.1.117500.10 released!

Hello,

We are happy to announce that COMODO Backup 2.1.117500.10 Public Release is available for download.

What’s new?

• command line and scripting support
  • ‘synchronized copy’ which copies every no of minutes you select only the files that changed
  • auto-click finish / auto-close GUI when running scheduled backup
  • silent scheduled backup
  • service mode scheduled backup that runs silently even when user is logged off
  • scheduled backup when computer is idle
  • delay time for ‘logon’ schedule to avoid excessive resources usage at logon
  • missed schedules manager
  • ‘last run status’ column for scheduled backups list
  • resources usage for disk/network/ftp connection/CPU
  • network drives and virtual drives are visible as a valid storage destination.
  • search text inside CBU file
  • pause/resume during backup
  • virtual drives / network drives are visible as a valid backup source for files & directories backup
  • Chinese language

What’s fixed?

• Comodo Time Machine compatibility issue. When CTM is installed, by default, a disk/partition backup will include free space sectors.
  • minimize/maximize/close buttons issue

Known Issues:

• none that we know

Bug Reports:

Please use https://forums.comodo.com/comodo_backup_cb/comodo_backup_2111750010_bug_reports-t47087.0.html to report your bugs. Our moderators collect these bugs and submit them to the devs.

Download Locations:

Setup for Windows Vista 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows 2003 Server 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows XP 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows 2008 Server 32-bit and 64-bit
URL:[url=http://download.comodo.com/cbu/download/setups/CB_2.1.117500.10_Setup_xp_vista_server2003_server2008_win7.exe] http://download.comodo.com/cbu/download/setups/CB_2.1.117500.10_Setup_xp_vista_server2003_server2008_win7.exe[/url]
Size : 6.42 MB (6731872 bytes)
MD5 : a14e98979fe228058c93c05dbfc08c44
SHA1 : e5469154196a453b0f1c996c062886f973232fd1

Thanks Guy’s :-TU

Is there an option to “Mount”/Read/Browse a .cbu file selectively restore a few specific files in it?
I think the current “Search for text” is to limited for this feature…

Welldone guys!

Keep it going…soon it will be one of the best if not the best backup tool in the market!

Melih

Thanks Emanuel and crew

I will test it out shortly.

John

Hi

An option to mount CBU images will be added soon.
As for browsing, at this moment you can selectively restore files from a files & directories backup.
You can choose them in restore step 3.

I installed this yesterday and set it up to do a synchronized backup of files and directories, to be updated every 180 minutes. So far, it hasn’t changed the destination files at all, even though the source has changed.

I couldn’t find anything in the user manual as to whether or not the program has to be left running in order to perform the synchronization updates. However, since it was not running for eight hours yesterday, and has been running all day today, with neither way making any difference, it’s apparently not working.

Also, If I go into the Schedule tab and select the backup, only the Delete option is available. Run Now and Edit are greyed out. Same thing if I right click.

Maybe I’ve missed a step or something since I’ve never used this program before. Any of you experienced users have any suggestions? Otherwise, I guess I’ll just post a bug report.

Thanks,
Joe

Hi

Thank you for reporting this issue.
Can you please delete the synchronized backup and re-add it to see if the problem persists?
You can try with other folders as source/destination.
Also, go to Settings tab and run Diagnose to see if the program is installed correctly.

Will an option to propagate deletion will be included in a future version? People will be able to choose if they want exact mirror with delay or if they prefer the safety feature of not deleting any destination files.

Sure, we will take that into consideration.

Thanks for the reply.
Ran Diagnose b/4 original post. Installed correctly.
Tried deleting and re-adding. Also created a couple of different synchronized backups with different update times and not using macros. None of them have been updated. Still can’t do anything but ‘Delete’ under the Schedule tab.

Using Vista 64-bit, if that matters.

Hi

Please try the update 2.1.118414.11

Thanks