COMODO BackUp 2.0.98047.4 RC1 released!

Hello,

COMODO Backup 2.0.98047.4 RC1 has been released!

What’s new?

• added ‘last run’ column for scheduled backups indicating the exact time when scheduled backup has ran.
  • Romanian language support
  • Estonian language support
  • Hungarian language support

What’s fixed?

• USB stick was not seen as backup source for files & directories;
  • USB stick was not seen as storage destination for backups on windows XP;
  • default selection when restoring disks/partition (it now automatically selects the original disk/partition, by default, if it exists);
  • issue with saving the backup on network share that runs on low disk space;
  • issue with progress for FAT/FAT32 partitions on backup/restore;
  • backup/restore for files & directories that exceed 260 characters in file name;
  • backup/restore for files & directories in rare cases failed with error code 4;
  • update issue (it didn’t work properly);
  • other small GUI issues.

Known Issues:

• clean restore for files & directories on a low disk space partition might leave the restore destination in an inconsistent state if there is not enough disk space to finalize the operation;
  • restoring a split backup for files & directories that is saved in the same location as the files & directories to be restored can leave the restore destination in an inconsistent state. (Ex: If you backup folder “C:\Users” to “C:\Users\MyUser\Desktop\backup.cbu”, with split enabled, then you try to restore it with clean restore an error will occur);
  • system backup/restore (windows related files & folders) in rare cases, might fail on XPx64.

Bug Reports:

Please use https://forums.comodo.com/backup/comodo_backup_20980474_rc1_bug_reports-t40736.0.html to report your bugs. Our moderators collect these bugs and submit them to the devs.

BETA NOTICE: This product is intended for special users (BETA Testers) who would like to join the testing process. It may contain major bugs that could cause serious problems and not be suitable for your everyday use yet. Please do not use it in your production machines.

Download Locations:

Setup for Windows Vista 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows 2003 Server 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows XP 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows 2000:

URL: http://download.comodo.com/cbu/download/setups/CB_2.0.98047.4_Setup_2k_xp_vista_server2003_RC1.exe
Size: 2.77 MB (2,914,392 bytes)
MD5: dbb847b1fa4f90cb9d5f9caa63ab9c49
SHA1: a76ce5ccd37a097e255004f95b207bf3ad6bb35a

welldone guys!

Melih

Nice work! :slight_smile:

Thanks
V7chy

Thanks Andrei

I will test it very soon. Am downloading now.

John

Great work guys.

Andrei and/or team members: When will the official bootable rescue CD be available? PC’s seriously infected by Malware now days can’t even be restored while the computer is running, hence bootable CD’s whether it would be backup or an antimalware disk is the only option to disinfect, but for backup, reverse the damage which is far more efficient.

Cheers,
Josh

+1, Josh.

I’m looking forward to this feature too. Hope it makes an appearance soon ;D.

:slight_smile:

Edit: Btw, thanks for the update :-TU.

Thanks a lot for the work and the release.

I notice that this installer is much smaller than the previous one, and it has changed its extension from .msi to .exe. When installing I realized that you have dropped Windows Installer. I’m happy about this, but I wonder why you did it?

lol, you do notice every difference in size don’t you :smiley:

Xan

Technically yes, however, this time it was so obvious when I replaced the previous CBU installer (I always keep installers of the latest version of all my programs). :-La

I’m very disappointed with this Comodo Backup

Have some cool features but there are others from v1 that are missing

… and those close and minimize buttons…

After installing on Windows 7 RC1, I could no longer boot up my machine - it would reset once the W7 loading screen appeared. I loaded up the last working config and was able to run the program ok.

I rebooted again to see if it would fail again, but windows booted nicely.

However, this could be because w7 just disabled whatever drivers or services Comodo Backup uses.
How can I check to see that everything is as it should be?

Windows 7 compatibility is not available yet.
You can use ‘last known good configuration’ to boot your machine

Haven’t yet installed, just found out that there is a new version in the works.

Is it true that you left out synchronization mode?