COMODO BackUp 2.0.97061.3 BETA BUG REPORTS

Please post all bug reports & BSOD’s here.

Be sure to include:

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit);
  • Other Backup & Security Software Installed;
  • How you produced the problem;
  • How you tried to resolve the problem;
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any);
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any;
  • All log files;
  • Any other Additional Information;

I think that ‘visual task tips’ issue was not fixed correctly. In that version interface does not freeze, but it stops working properly after dragging a mouse cursor over its icon in task panel.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi

Please post the exact name of the visual patch that you are using, eventually, where could we download it, to test the issue. Can you try to uninstall the patch to see if the problem persists?

Thank you

Sorry to say that I still get the same results as I did before. See here for my details.
https://forums.comodo.com/backup/comodo_backup_20957902_beta_bug_reports-t39791.0.html;msg289532#msg289532

John

When the application (visual task tips) is not running, i can’t reproduce a bug. Here is project’s web page http://www.visualtasktips.com/

Hi,

I saw your previous post
Is it possible that the file name lengths are bigger than 260?
I saw you reduced backup size to ~6MB, and restore still failed.
Can you mail me the backup file so it can be analyzed .

Thank you

Sent, please check your email.

John

Same issue here. See attached.

• Your Operating System = XP SP3
  • Other Backup & Security Software Installed = NONE
  • How you produced the problem; Backup of C:\Documents and Settings to external F: Drive
  • How you tried to resolve the problem. No as I don’t know what error code 4 means
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any); Attached
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any; No crash so no mem dumps
  • All log files; Nothing In Log File exept startup and shutdown

I have just downloaded the 1.3 beta and tested it by backing up my mail accounts.

i selected mail accounts - mozilla thunderbird - kept the back up settings as set - selected the back up location and named file etc - skipped the schedule bit - and ran the back up.

received the message “no content to backup and error code 92”. i assume it is not meant to do this?

my thunderbird profile is in the default location.

vista home premium 32 bit
comodo internet security
acronis true image home2009
screen shot attached.

clemo

• Your Operating System = XP SP2
  • Other Backup & Security Software Installed = CIS 3.9 installed. No other backup or security software
  • How you produced the problem; Backup of F: drive and then restore backup to different external drive
  • How you tried to resolve the problem. No rectification attempt made, I just collapsed in horror!
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any);
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any; No crash so no mem dumps
  • All log files; Nothing In Log File (see additional info for reason)

PC has two physical hard drives (Disk 0 and Disk 1).
Flash devices inserted into USB card reader register as drive F: - Disk 2.

1. Backup of SD memory card in external card reader (drive F: - Disk 2) completed
  2. Original SD card removed and replaced with a formatted blank one.
  3. Attempted restore of backup (step 1) to new card (step 2)
  4. Message displayed saying “Destination is in use - restore on next reboot” (or similar wording)
  5. Reboot
  6. Image of original SD card (step 1) written to DISK0!!!
  7. SYSTEM NON-BOOTABLE (Disk 0 now contains all files that were on original SD card.
  8. Weep and then kick cat!

:-TD >:(

Hello.

At restore step 3 when you chose the restore path are you sure that you selected the Disk corresponding to the Memory Card? If you left it by default and then restored then it might have resulted in the behavior you described.

Thank you.

Hello.

If it’s not much to ask could you send me by email(tudorp@comodo.com) the “profiles.ini” file that should be in "\Users\Your User\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird".Also have you set up and email account inside Thunderbird?

Thank You.

At step 3, restore to original location (Drive F: - Disk 2) was selected. Absolutely 100% positive of this. This was the first operation done with this revision. Because of this I was particularly careful with the options chosen during the backup and during the restore.

Ewen :slight_smile:

Hello.

I couldn’t reproduce the scenario on my own machine.Further inquiry will be needed.

Thank you for your feedback.

Tudor,

email sent.

clemo

For additional info, the card reader attaches via USB to an external USB hub which is connected to a USB port on the motherboard.

Is it possible that the external USB hub had not in initialized before the native mode restore had started, thereby making the card reader (Drive F: - Disk 2) not accessible?

I still the .CBU file in question if that will help.

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile:

• Windows XP Tablet PC Edition SP3 (32-bit)
  • CIS 3.9.95478.509
  • see screenshot
  • n/a
  • see screenshot
  • n/a
  • n/a
  • Running CBU under limited account

Hi

Not sure whether this is a bug or not due to running CBU under a limited account. See attached screenshot.

:slight_smile:

• Same details as above.

Hi

Error occurs when exiting CBU under a limited account. See attached screenshot.

• Same details as above.

Hi

Error occurs when “Backup System Partition” is selected under a limited account. See attached screenshot.

• Same details as above.

Hi

Error occurs ONLY after selecting “Settings” tab even though no settings were altered within this tab. This problem doesn’t occur with any of the other tabs. Running under a limited account. See attached screenshot.