COMODO BackUp 2.0.107567.8 RC5 released!

Hello,

COMODO Backup 2.0.107567.8 RC5 has been released!

What’s new?

• history list for backups
  • backup revisions (in “Add macro” section)
  • diagnose/repair
  • simple copy backup for files/folders
  • backup description
  • Backup Informations (date performed, version, backup type, backup description) in restore step 2 or when double clicking a CBU file
  • error reporting module

What’s fixed?

• task to run before/after backup are waited to complete.
  • GUI problem with some dialogs that appeared scrambled.
  • user settings scheduled backup with synchronization mode
  • small problem in editing scheduled backup minutes for resynchronization.

Known Issues:

• in some cases, on Windows Vista, restoring a partition that requires restart might fail with error code 101

Bug Reports:

Please use https://forums.comodo.com/comodo_backup/comodo_backup_201075678_rc5_bug_reports-t44031.0.html to report your bugs. Our moderators collect these bugs and submit them to the devs.

BETA NOTICE: This product is intended for special users (BETA Testers) who would like to join the testing process. It may contain major bugs that could cause serious problems and not be suitable for your everyday use yet. Please do not use it in your production machines.

Download Locations:

Setup for Windows Vista 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows 2003 Server 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows XP 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit
URL: [url=http://download.comodo.com/cbu/download/setups/CB_2.0.107567.8_Setup_xp_vista_server2003_win7_RC5.exe] http://download.comodo.com/cbu/download/setups/CB_2.0.107567.8_Setup_xp_vista_server2003_win7_RC5.exe[/url]
Size : 9.27 MB (9730120 bytes)
MD5 : 0x7250ea45d233bf0a4fc45798bdf95a11
SHA1 : 0x2e08dee042fcee26e119d170041db9e059fb6194

Yay, you put the simple copy feature in!

But I’ll continue to use SyncBack until the final.

Looks good Emanuel

I will try it out as soon as I get a chance.

Thanks

John

welldone guys…

Melih

Congratulations! :-TU Should be closer to the final release. :wink:

Thank.

Great work team!!! We are very very very very close to public release!:slight_smile:

Is there a way to do incremental backups now. I can’t find the option any more. Am I missing something?

Hi

The option is not available.
It will be available in a future release.

Thank you.

Wicked!

Now all this needs is 7zip compression with AES-256 password encryption and it will be the best backup program in the known universe.

i know rescue disc is not in this but when ?its a must have for these programs

:-TU Yes, I have often had times when I couldn’t boot up and the Acronis Rescue CD came in good use. Comodo Backup needs something like that.

I like the new simple copy for sync mode. But if I set to duplicate every minute, it will redo all of it no matter the size to backup. Only modified files would be welcome.

I forgot to test what would happen if there is a 20Gb backup running and the 1 minute timer trigger in… will it try to redo the backup if 1st not finished? will it get stuck in a loop? crash? I know I should be telling what happen but I forgot before uninstalling it. I uninstalled because I’m still running v1 and have no other test machine now… will be back to work in 2 weeks so I will be able to test it a bit more.

My previous problem with message box not displaying text seems to be gone, don’t know if you found the glitch or it remain a mystery.

When the final/stable version will be finally released?

P.S. I think that you should include an option to install Comodo BackUp with “classic” user interface (like in 1.x version).

+1

I know you guys have spent a lot of time on the new interface, but I much prefer the interface of 1.x

I like the new interface lol. 88)

I haven’t tested this in 2.x CBU, but is that how the final implementation will be? ie a simple copy in sync mode copies all files even if they are unmodified?

I use CBU 1.x to track and Backup My Documents folder. This has >2GB in size. It wouldn’t make sense for me to have CBU to sync that every 10 minutes if all files are copied.

Hi

In this release (2.0) it will remain as it is…
In the next release, simple copy in sync mode will copy only files that are modified.

Thank you

Cool, there’s hope! :slight_smile: So after all the RC’s it won’t work like intended, we will have to wait for 2.1, is that correct? It’s ok to me as I can keep working with v1.

Yes, this feature will be available in 2.1

OK, so when Comodo BackUp 2 will be finally released? And why it takes so long…? :frowning: