Comodo Antivirus for Linux (CAVL) v1.0.239818.1 is formally released.

newbie here
i’m also a linuxt mint 13 user and having problems with installing cavl
it seems that cmdavd, load_cmgdaemon.sh, and load_cmdagent.sh doesn’t recognize linux mint 13 as debian or ubuntu based distritribution from the lines

case $OS in
SUSE)
. /etc/rc.status
;;
Debian|Ubuntu)
. /lib/lsb/init-functions
;;
SliTaz)
;;
*)
. /etc/init.d/functions
;;

the info from $OS is taken from /etc/issue where linux mint 13’s is

Linux Mint 13 Maya \n \l

i’ll try to change Debian|Ubuntu) to Debian|Ubuntu|Mint) and post later if it works

sorry for my english

Happy new year!

my first try failed

i don’t know “or” for the line Debian|Ubuntu|Mint)

so i just changed the line

SliTaz)
;;
*)
. /etc/init.d/functions
;;
esac

to

SliTaz)
;;
*)
. /lib/lsb/init-functions
;;
esac

for
/etc/init.d/cmdavd
/opt/COMODO/load_cav.sh
/opt/COMODO/load_cmdagent.sh
/opt/COMODO/load_cmdaemon.sh

also change the line for /opt/COMODO/load_cmdaemon.sh

SliTaz)
    cd $CHGDIR
    $PROG_NAME
    ;;
*)
    cd $CHGDIR
    daemon $PROG_NAME
    ;;
esac 

to

SliTaz)
    cd $CHGDIR
    $PROG_NAME
    ;;
*)
    #cd $CHGDIR
    #daemon $PROG_NAME
    start-stop-daemon --start --chdir $CHGDIR --exec $PROG_NAME
    ;;
esac 

hope this help
this is just a work around though because it seems the some of the code in the script still doesn’t recognize linux mint as debian or ubuntu base

Hi s3k9, i tried Your way in linux Mint 13 Maya (with MATE). It works fine till rebooting, then everything is going to previous state. Work around is ok but it’s not making Comodo work as it should…

Hi Fred,

Thanks for your good suggestion. I agree that to give download links for different Linux distributions is better than just give rpm and deb package to let customer to decide which is to be installed. I’ve conveyed the idea to related guy, the change will come soon.

Thanks,
Yanghua

Hi Seany007,

12.04 is a LTS version QA tested CAVL on it. You know 12.10 is not a LTS version, but I think it is similar with 12.04, so if you are willing to install CAVL on 12.10, try it!

Thanks,
Yanghua

Hi s3k9,

Thanks for your concentration.
Mint is becoming a more and more popular Linux distribution among programmers and technical geeks.
We will support Mint in version 1.1 in future.
For personal use, you can modify /etc/init.d/cmdavd and /etc/init.d/cmdmgd before new version 1.1.

Thanks,
Yanghua

Hi taleblou,

For Mint support, please refer my reply to s3k9.
To install kernel drivers, we must make sure that accordant kernel headers has been installed.
yum search kernel or apt-cache search kernel to find it.
For example you will find kernel-devel or kernel-headers.
sudo yum install kernel-headers or sudo apt-get install kernel-headers to install it.
Then try sudo ./post_setup.sh again!

Thanks,
Yanghua

Hi maglin,

We did full scan on Ubuntu 12.04 again, but could not reproduce the issue you mentioned.
Recently, we fixed a bug in real time scan which may result in OS hang. But I do not know if it is the same root cause of your issue. We will release version 1.1 in future to include the fix.

In fact, CAVL is used for two main purpose:

1. A mail gateway server to provide antivirus and antispam services.
  2. A file server, realtime scan is meaning full here to scan antivirus transparently while customer uploading files.
    So if you do not use it as a file server, you can disable realtime scan.

Thanks,
Yanghua

Hi, i’am trying to install kernel headers, but ther is no such package. Through Synpatic i couldn’t find it too. The way s3k9 suggested CAVL is working but agent is not working, even after manual restart it turns off after some time. When it is turned off i couldn’t run any scan without hanging CAVL. Its on Linux Mint 13 Maya 32bit.

No way to make it work as it should?

Thank You in advance.

COMODO Antivirus for Linux (CAVL) v1.1.268025-1 is released!

https://forums.comodo.com/comodo-antivirus-for-linux-cavl/comodo-antivirus-for-linux-cavl-v112680251-is-released-t92199.0.html;msg664673#msg664673

Topic Locked