Comodo Antivirus Alert

Sorry is this is posted in the incorrect topic.

Lenovo (my lap top) saves safe restore points reguarly, comodo keeps popping up and telling me I have a virus, and no matter what I do the message remains on my screen, please, please how can I can rid of it, having to type this almost blind, so hope it is okay.

Welcome. :slight_smile:

Do the alert(s) pop up all the time or just when the computer creates its restore point? Are the files being detected located in something similar to “System Volume Information”? I would recommend deleting all past restore points and running some scans.

Do the alert(s) pop up all the time or just when the computer creates its restore point?

Restore points only

Are the files being detected located in something similar to “System Volume Information”?

Yes Correct…

I would recommend deleting all past restore points and running some scans.

Okay will do…did run scan this morning, all clear…only happens when Lenovo sets a safe restore point…

thanks for your prompt reply

finally the message has vanished (:CLP)

thanks for your assistance…

I think the reason it kept detecting the malware when a new restore point was made, was because windows was accessing those past restore points and COMODO’s real time scanner then scanned them.

Just to make sure, you can scan with a couple more great on-demand scanners.

Glad everything worked out. :slight_smile:

Already have this one installed and have scanned - clean…

should I also install this one and scan as well

thanks for your time :slight_smile:

If you want. I guess it’s good to have. MBAM coming up clean is a good sign, so I think you’re okay.

No problem. :slight_smile: