Comodo and LAN Network [Resolved]

Hi guys! ;D
I’m an italian boy, and i think that CFP is fantastic!!! (L)

I need an Help.
I have a network LAN with two computers.
I have to configure CFP to allows the second computer(which uses the first computer’s connection to surf internet) to send email and to use messenger.
CFP is installed on the first computer.

Please, would someone help me?
Thanks.

Ciao DkSw, welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

I haven’t done this personally, but perhaps these two topics from the FAQ section can help you:

Dialup Router
Internet Connection Sharing

/LA

Thanks a lot! :smiley:
I found all, but nothing work… :frowning:
Don’t worry, my LAN between my laptop(with win vista) and my home computer(with WinXP and CFP) don’t work…i’m trying to solve, but for the moment…nothing… ???

Anyway, thank! :wink:

If you change CFP’s Security Level to Allow All, are you able to connect from client to host?

LM

There’s something wrong with my win vista configuration, becouse if i try to connect with my father’s laptop through the internet using my home computer as the host, everything work, also in custom mode…email, ie, messenger…all! :BNC
Thanks to all for the help! :smiley: ;D

Anyway, i read the two discussions…if my two computers don’t have static IPs, but they get it automatically…do i have to change something? ???

(L) (R)

That depends on how tightly you define the network IP range in CFP. If it’s at home, everything’s hard-wired (not wireless), then you’re probably fine to use the default that CFP will give for the Zone. This will be the entire subnet x.x.x.1 - x.x.x.255. This way it won’t matter what internal IP addresses are handed out; you’ll be fine.

LM

Thanks! ;D

…and… (R)

No problem; glad to help. I’ll mark the topic as Resolved and close it. If you need it reopened, just PM a Moderator (please include a link back here) and we’ll be glad to do so.

LM