Comodo 4 blocks Local Security Policies and certain operations in Program Files!

After installing CIS 4 with AV (x64 on Win 7), several programs that read/write to C:/Program Files(x86) could not access their own files.

When I tried to check Local Security Policies, all the boxes and options were grayed out and I could not change anything.

Apparently, Comodo 4 restricts many things without even asking, by default.

No such problem with v.3.xx. Have to go back to old version unless someone knows a fix for this?

Thank you.

Do the D+ logs register the blocking of reading/writing to the program files folder? Can you post a screenshot of them? They can be found under Defense + → Common Tasks → View Defense + Events.

Are you using the sandbox?

I am puzzled about the LSP thing.

I have removed Comodo 4 and using v3.xx again. Will try again in a few days and check the logs. My computer was rendered useless with Comodo 4.

Yes, I did use Sandbox, but also tried without it, with no difference.

Keep us posted when the problem returns.

I’ve already tried installing/uninstalling twice and the same thing happened. I might have more time next week to play with this issue, but it is very frustrating. I think the problem may be in default settings after the program is installed. Will post back later.

Hi! I have the same problem. After installing CIS 4 i can’t install or copy anything to Program Files(x86) (Win 7 x64), so i have to uninstall CIS totally.