CMS v2.4 with Cloud Scan has been released!!!

Currently showing as incompatible with LG-E430 (LG Optimus II) Android version 4.1.2. i did try out the Beta version which worked fine. Can other’s confirm this is just Play Store taking forever to update phone compatibility? Are there plans to fix the Cache Cleaner issue? I know it’s not been working for some time now. Additionally, I would love to see SMS/Call blocker blocking numbers not in contacts and the use of the applock as standard setup for locking settings and playstore.

I’ll try downloading the beta again for now and then check for update.

Eric

Hi I saw today this unit I have a contact in the address book when he called or I call him after I have a vet need to label it climbs to block this bug

Hello,

@Kardo, Cache cleaner is a known issue. It is fixed and will be released as soon as tests are completed.
@Eric, your device’s screen resolution seems very low. It should be the reason.
@Kolyan, sorry I could not understand what you mean by “after I have a vet need to label it climbs to block this bug”

Hi,

Thank you for your information. :-TU

Regards,
Kardo

good job guys!

Ah ok, are there plans to do a lower res version? What about my other suggestions about call blocking etc?

Eric

Thank you Melih :slight_smile:

Eric,

I think blocking everyone other then contact list might not a good use case for common. Everyone deserves a chance :wink: That is why we show notification to blacklist numbers that are not on your contact list. You can decide what to do on first encounter. If you think that number is a junk caller, you can blacklist him immediately. But it might belong to your friend as well. Give him/her a chance :slight_smile:

I can comment better if you can give more details about applocker suggestion…

Sorry, I forget to comment on resolution.

We need to keep the resolution over a threshold to have the proper graphics and user experience. Also, most of the new phones comes with even bigger screens and resolutions. I would like to have everybody on board but if you consider resource efficiency, no plan to lower it now.

Best regards,
Ilker

Thanks Ikers,

I get your point about the call blocking and resolution. The app does work on my phone even though the resolution is higher, it just clips some of the text from various menus but i’ll save up for a better one eventually.

CMS self protection has been an issue for awhile. My original work around solution was to to have the built in Applocker lock the Settings and Playstore and google settings therefore preventing it being uninstalled or disabled. It used to also be device administrator but this seems have not been the case since pre 2.0

One other question i had. With the private space. If assign a number as private and they ring my phone does an audible ring and it shows on the notification bar when i get a private message. Is there a way to make it so that there isn’t any sound an notifications only happen within CMS?

Eric

Hi here is the application which swears Comodo Mobile Security be like?

One last question. Can we have the apk download link for those of us with unsupported devices?

Cheers,

Eric

CMS 2.4 continuously scans the same apps and reports that there was no malware found. Why does it keep scanning the same applications, when there has been no changes to those apps, instead of just doing the scheduled scan?

They are aware of this problem.

I hope you support this Device cuz it’s incompatible with Samsung Galaxy Star (S5282) .

Thanks…

We need to keep the resolution over a threshold to have the proper graphics and user experience. Also, most of the new phones comes with even bigger screens and resolutions. I would like to have everybody on board but if you consider resource efficiency, no plan to lower it now.

From my response to Eric. Same applies for your model :frowning:

My phone does have a very low resolution. CMS does work on it though the only area affected is the text just above the Health Check button. The rest of the pages are scrollable in CMS.

i simply did an apk download from the forum though it’s 2.4.0.3 i think and not 2.4.1 as in the Playstore. There is the standard forums download: http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/android/cms_android_forum.apk I ran the updater and theres no internal update to 2.4.1 from the original. I’ll see if a fresh download gives the latest version but are in-app updates expected back again in the future?

Eric

Google Play saying this is incompatible with my Nexus 7 2103.

Hey,

We do not have official tablet support yet. We are going to provide a link for manual installation soon,

Best regards,
Ilker

Thank you. I thought that I had started a thread about this, then couldn’t find it, so I started one tonight. I’ll go make notice that I found a reply. Sorry about creating a thread about something that had already been answered. :Oops:

Thread locked.