CMS v2.4 with Cloud Scan has been released!!!

Hello everyone!

Now it is in production :slight_smile:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.comodo.pimsecure

We are happy to announce that we have a new version of Comodo Mobile Security (CMS) V2.4!

With your support and feedback we had great progress and add new features.

What’s new in CMS 2.4?

NEW:
Cloud Scanning! CMS now protects you better than ever by scanning for malware using both local and cloud-based detection engines.

IMPROVED:
Support - Improved support for Android Kitkat (4.4)
Localization – Added more languages and implemented several text improvements.
Design - CMS has new icons and a new background. We hope you like the new look!
Privacy Scanner - You can scan applications under privacy advisor.

And various bug fixes.

We would appreciate if you can take your time to give us the feedbacks or report us the bugs you identify on CMS. We believe that with your concerns and under our continuous efforts, CMS would gets better and better.

If you find bugs please send us with below information.

1. What is your device brand name and model name?
  2. What is your device Android version and current language preference?
  3. Please provide more detail about when and how you got that error? Does it have a pattern?
  4. It would be great if you can capture screen shots regarding the error.

Thanks in advance!
Ilker

iv’e updated but how can i change the language?
the only language available is english and you said “Localization – Added more languages and implemented several text improvements.”

Iv’e notice that we have administrator rights, now if we want to unnistall cms how can we?

they should merge our threads ^^

https://forums.comodo.com/comodo-mobile-security-cms/comodo-mobile-security-v241-released-via-autoupdate-t100859.0.html

screenshots on mine

It tell’s me this version is incompatible with my device, Google Nexus 10 :cry:

Great! Thank you Comodo staff :-TU

I love the new version. It did, however find a few FP’s such as my paid for Boat Browser as well as Boat Browser Lite. Better than missing something, though. Thanks!

Hello,

Thank you Comodo for this update! :-TU

Updated from previous version without any problems.

• Updated user interface is very nice
  • Cloud scan is great
  • No problems after update
  • Fixes and other improvements

Keep up the good work! :slight_smile:

Regards,
Kardo

Same here Samsung Tab3 I have CMS 2.3 installed works fine :slight_smile:

But google will not allow me to install :frowning:

SuperSU apk is considered as Malware, it should not , it is a rooted device interface.

SMS blocking doesn’t work on Android 4.4 KitKat and above? What a pity! :cry: It was a very useful function.

Hello!

Thanks a lot for your support!!!

Let me try to answer your questions.

[ol]- SMS thread management API’s are changed on Android 4.4. We run a research for possible solutions but we are not very optimistic about it :-\

• SuperSU and Boat Browser was probably False Positive. Could you please check if you have the latest virus DB and update it if you do not have? :slight_smile: Latest DB is 27.102
  • Yep, we do not have official Tablet support yet. We are working on it. You can use the previous beta link to install it on your tablets. Also, we are going to update beta links frequently to keep you update on Beta progress.
  • CMS will work according to your device language.
  • To remove the CMS, you should remove it from device administrators list first. Go to “Settings - Security - Device Administrators” menu and uncheck the box next to CMS. Then you can remove it as a normal application [/ol]

Best regards,
Ilker

Thanks again for the update :-TU

To remove the CMS, you should remove it from device administrators list first. Go to "Settings - Security - Device Administrators" menu and uncheck the box next to CMS. Then you can remove it as a normal application

Will we have PIN protection for these settings to prevent a thief using this lovely guidance? ;D

It is a guidence that could be find over internet anyway 88)

But yes, we consider adding that to the product as well… Just a matter of when :wink:

[list]

this feature only be available in next release yes?
Now it’s not working, because i have Portuguese language on my device and CMS is english

CMS 2.4 install appears to more than one way :slight_smile:

Hi,

[at] ilkers:

Thank you for your useful information! :-TU

One question: Cache Cleaner always show: “Found 0 apps with 0.00B cache files”.
Is it because device is not rooted or it is a bug?

Please PM me if you need more information. :slight_smile:

PS. Result was the same with the previous version.

Regards,
Kardo

Hello,

Sony Xperia V (LT25i)
Android: 4.1.2
Comodo Mobile Security: 2.4.1

Cache Cleaner result is always same: Found 0 apps with 0.00B cache files

Attached screenshots of differences between Comodo Cache Cleaner and Android app details:

1. Comodo Cache cleaner
  2. Android default app details

Regards,
Kardo

[attachment deleted by admin]

Currently showing as incompatible with LG-E430 (LG Optimus II) Android version 4.1.2. i did try out the Beta version which worked fine. Can other’s confirm this is just Play Store taking forever to update phone compatibility? Are there plans to fix the Cache Cleaner issue? I know it’s not been working for some time now. Additionally, I would love to see SMS/Call blocker blocking numbers not in contacts and the use of the applock as standard setup for locking settings and playstore.

I’ll try downloading the beta again for now and then check for update.

Eric

Hi I saw today this unit I have a contact in the address book when he called or I call him after I have a vet need to label it climbs to block this bug

Hello,

@Kardo, Cache cleaner is a known issue. It is fixed and will be released as soon as tests are completed.
@Eric, your device’s screen resolution seems very low. It should be the reason.
@Kolyan, sorry I could not understand what you mean by “after I have a vet need to label it climbs to block this bug”