CMS v2.4 - Beta with Cloud Scan has released!!!

Hi

Which translations are in the beta Version

Hi this all change Version 2.4.0.293087?
Cloud testing

Cloud arc checking your file, include it in the settings page

Style interface

Try a new professional color scheme

Yes, Kolyan, the CMS app has changed with this beta release.

1. This is in the settings screen. It is on by default, but you can disable it if you wish. Please note, only the hash value is sent,not the app file (apk) itself.
  2. I really like the new interface (ui). It is also battery friendly. What are your thoughts on it?
  3. What new pro color scheme are you referring? The new ui is very professionally done and thought out. Or were you simply commenting on how it looks? :slight_smile:

Awaiting your reply.

So the new cloud scanning is useless to the people on Edge or HSDPA or 4G. Epic Fail Hopefully that will be fixed or enabled pretty quickly. Here is a suggestion, do you have a cloud community based system which is optional which provide us with quicker protection against in the wild viruses. For example my phone is infected a hash of the virus is sent to your virus lab meaning that you can protect other users phones faster.

Hello Patrice,

GSM data is not always fast and not free in general, that is why we design it over Wifi, on slow connections Scan might keep you waiting a lot and user could misinterpret the cause as a fault of CMS. That is why we avoid using GSM data.

Cloud community based system is already on play for CIS. We are using the same DB. We plan to add send feedback to our application as well.

so when do we have the GA version?

Melih, it will be released when it is ready. :smiley:

LOL

Hi Ilkers

Well that’s a great way of having a two tier AV product and if that’s what you foreseen then great. Two tier in the respect of great new features for those with WiFi but what about those who do not? 4g is faster then most home wired connections so I do not understand your point.

Is the cloud based system in CMS anything like the picture below?

[attachment deleted by admin]

@patrice58 The cloud scanning is on demand and scheduled and works much like Sophos’s or 360’s scanning though without uploading the entire apk.

Hoping to still see the call/sms filter to have a block unknown or block hidden option. I’ll trial the Beta later this week.

Eric

Hi Eric thanks for your reply. Please let us know what your thoughts are on the beta.

Hi Patrice,

We assumed people has wider access to wifi then GSM data connection and 4G is not covered on most regions yet :slight_smile: But we can also add an option under settings that would enable the cloud scan over 3G as well. This is noted.

I think that kind of cloud intelligence options also collect some security related information like “whether the unknown apps protection enabled or not on device”. We are not collecting any statistical information for now. We are just scanning the apps on our cloud server.

Hi All

I’m seeing some odd behaviour with 2.4 beta. Alerts from the notification area are re-appearing :/. For example, I run a virus scan every wednesday. Having swiped the alert offscreen, it re-appears later. The same goes for installing apps, CMS will tell me the app is ok (as does Android, being installed). Swipe all offscreen and Comodo alerts re-appear later.

I haven’t got any details on this as yet but this has happened more than twice now. Just mentioning incase others have experienced this strange behaviour.

:slight_smile:

Hi please tell us when you plan to release the final veritsi CMS v2.4?