"cmfupdat.exe" is a bit weird.

I was doing my stuff when suddenly my CFP’s Defense+ alerted me that this thing called “cmfupdat.exe” is trying to access my keyboard! :o

I felt pretty weird since it doesn’t look like it’s needed for something such as CMF to access my keyboard, and I don’t even know what “cmfupdat.exe” is, though its name looks like an updater. I tried to Google for more information about this file but no luck. :frowning:

So… Why on earth was “cmfupdat.exe” trying to access my keyboard?! Was it supposed to? ???
I don’t know if I’m paranoid but I’m quite a security-conscious person, and I’m particularly sensitive when something wants to access my keyboard, screen, or disk. I clicked “allow” then and had it remembered my choice, but after that I didn’t feel right and went to my settings to block it from accessing my keyboard. :-\

Someone please shed some light on this. Highly appreciated. (:HUG)

Greetings, and welcome to the forums!

cmfupdat.exe is a completely safe file. It’s the updater for Comodo Memory Firewall.
I don’t know why it would need to access your keyboard, but it’s nothing malicious. But as it doesn’t need access to the keyboard, you can block it, and it should still work like normal.

Cheers,
Ragwing

I see.

So it IS the updater of CMF. If it’s a component of a Comodo product then I suppose I would deem it safe.

Thank you for your reply. I’ve been using CFP and CMF (and also Verification Engine) for quite some time and I can’t tell how much I love them.

Thanks again. :slight_smile: