CMF????

Hi What is CMF for? Yes I know it is to protect BO but what does that actually mean? How much resources does it use and is it stable? Thanks

Hello lyn i can only answer half the question since i don’t know exactly what Buffer Overflow is and all that… BUT

IS it stable… For me it’s been stable even when it was in beta.

How much resources does it use… for me it uses about 1,500KB (which is a small price to pay for the great protection it offers)

What is a Buffer Overflow attack? ------------------------------------- ...excerpt from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffer_overflow " In computer security and programming, a buffer overflow, or buffer overrun, is a programming error which may result in a memory access exception and program termination, or in the event of the user being malicious, a possible breach of system security.

A buffer overflow is an anomalous condition where a process attempts to store data beyond the boundaries of a fixed-length buffer. The result is that the extra data overwrites adjacent memory locations. The overwritten data may include other buffers, variables and program flow data and may cause a process to crash or produce incorrect results. They can be triggered by inputs specifically designed to execute malicious code or to make the program operate in an unintended way. As such, buffer overflows cause many software vulnerabilities and form the basis of many exploits. Sufficient bounds checking by either the programmer or the compiler can prevent buffer overflows."

Jim

Is that much usage? Does it conflict with other realtime security? Thanks Lyn

i think there’s conflict possibility between CMF & CBOClean. but i use them both (along wth Avira-antivir, CFP3), fine so far.

No, for me 1500 KB is nothing to my system. Also i use BOClean and CPF 2.4 and Avast and have never had any issues even when it was a Beta product.

Hey Ganda :slight_smile:

I had that problem with the first Beta version of CMF, although Tyler explained to me it was in fact a bug in CBOClean, and not in CMF. With the last Beta of CMF and the Final Release I don’t have this problem anymore :slight_smile:

Greetz, Red.

I dont have that problem anymore with the final…:slight_smile:

Locked.

Reason: Out-Dated post.

Josh