cmdhtml.dll crashes

For more than a month or so I noticed that Comodo started to crash and wanted me to send reports which I did but the error still appear from time to time.

Faulting application name: cis.exe, version: 12.2.2.7098, time stamp: 0x5fe46da1
Faulting module name: cmdhtml.dll, version: 3.3.0.6, time stamp: 0x5a7c362a
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000001fab77
Faulting process id: 0x1544
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7043a87372793
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\cis.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\cmdhtml.dll
Report Id: fd992ba2-702d-11eb-8a48-7085c25b66b8
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Is this related to the Website Filtering protection? I disabled it to see if that will bypass the issue. I believe the problem started when I installed the following minifilter driver but it may be just a coincidence.

I uploaded the crashes dmp files from that date and send the link via PM to C.O.M.O.D.O RT and ming.zhou.

Hi B-boy/StyLe/,

Thank you. We have received the dump files provided by you, we will forward them for investigation. Which version of windows are you using? Is there any other security product installed on your machine?

Hi,

I am using Windows 8.1 x64 and Kaspersky Security Cloud Free. But this is not because of Kaspersky since I am using this combo from 2015 without a single issue so far. :slight_smile:

Thanks again!

Looking forward to hear from you.

sorry my intromission, but in my experience previous comodo and kaspersky cause slowdown system (after de updates…);
comodo internet security have in yours setting default protection against keylogger (other suites not prevent protection antilogger);
comodo internet security have virtual desktop (protect against capture of keyboard, screenshot…);
comodo secure shopping is perfect for salle, acess in bank, email… (prevent against spywares and other malwares) - (yet not supported keyboard abnt and abnt2, affect only brazilians, portugueses and other country than speak português - portuguese)…

you can try uninstaller kaspersky with unistaller official: Ferramenta de remoção

Hi,

As I said I am using this combo from 6 years and I tweaked the settings of both programs, so they don’t interfere between them. I don’t use Comodo Internet Security (only Comodo Firewall) since Kaspersky definitions are a lot better and also while Comodo have Containment and HIPS it misses Kaspersky System Watcher (with his rollback abilities). Also, I don’t need Comodo Secure Shopping and Comodo Internet Security Essentials, so I installed only the components I like. Also, I included both programs to the exclusions of each other and all worked perfectly fine until now. As I said the problem probably occurred when I installed the following minifilter driver:

So I am not going to uninstall Kaspersky or Comodo anytime soon. The crashes didn’t occur from 9 days so far. We will see what you can find in the dmp files. Thanks for the assists!

Please check again with 12.2.2.8012

Hi,

Yes… I upgraded to the latest version when it was released. So far, so good. :slight_smile: