cmdagent.exe running process, how to kill it?? [Resolved]

I have the latest oct29th version internet protection and sometimes when I am working internally within my intranet I DO NOT need comodo running in the back ground and I want to turn it off so it stops scanning unnecessary applications…

I CAN NOT kill cmdagent.exe so when I’m installing, copying or moving large files it is still scanning and running in the background making things take 3 or 4 times longer than they should (:AGY)

Is it possible to stop it manually ???

Thanks for the help :slight_smile:

Hey there and welcome to the forums (:HUG)

Open Comodo Internet security mainscreen

You see the blue ‘active’ right under security defense, just click on it and move the slider down. Then it should say ‘inactive’ just click close then :slight_smile:

You disabled the antivirus. But cmdagent.exe will keep running as it’s part of the firewall also

Xan

Thanks for the quick reply :slight_smile:

I must be blind but I do not see this in your screen shot or when I open Comodo?

You see the blue 'active' right under security defense, just click on it and move the slider down. Then it should say 'inactive' just click close then Smiley

I was wondering how to turn OFF and or temporarily disable cmdagent.exe as it making my daily tasks take longer than I want right now the only way is to uninstall Comodo do my work then re-install Grrrrrrr

But cmdagent.exe will keep running

Just right click on the comodo sign

and then click exit/shutdown that should do it

Xan

Xan, thanks for trying to help me :slight_smile:
If you hit ctrl alt del do you have cmdagent.exe still running and can you manually disable it in task manager ??
It won’t allow me to turn it off (access denied) when I try it.
I have tried all the settings I can find inside Comodo and nowhere can I figure out how to allow me to do it.

I run a small network with a server and I do lots of maintenance and large file moving, installing, defraging and it literally takes 20 minutes to do what normally takes 3 or 4 minutes if the cmdagent.exe is not running IE: I have to uninstall it to get it to go away.

ok, this is more a drastic way.

1. download icesword (How to Prevent Travel Bumps While Backpacking – Rootkit Trends & Prevention Blog)
  2. install it and run it. add it to comodo as safe application (important, otherwise it won’t work)
  3. kill the process with icesword

Xan

(:LGH)

Xan, Thanks for the help LOL

I like Comodo the best because it is so secure and works so well, maybe the developers will add a setting so that we can disable it in the future

(B)

ok, I’ll close this thread now :slight_smile:

if you need it reopened please pm me or an active mod with a link to this thread

See ya :■■■■

Xan

Hi, here’s the answer:

The easiest way to kill cmdagent.exe id to set Defense+ security level to Disabled and the you will be able to kill it from task manager.

Also if you just want to get rid of CIS functionality for a while you can set Defense+ and Firewall security levels to Disabled via Right-click CIS tray icon and disable real-time anti-virus scanner from it’s settings (Anti-virus → Scanner Settings → Real-time scanner).