cmdagent.exe Repeateadly Taking 16% of CPU Untill Restart

Hi,

I have noticed that cmdagent.exe regularly takes up around 16% of my CPU until the machine is restarted.

This is on a fresh install of Windows 10 and a first install of CIS 11.

I had the same issue before reinstalling Windows, am not sure what causes it and have found other users on this forum to have a similar problem but don’t seem to find a solution.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Reece

Hi ReeceN,

Please check your private message and provide the requested logs.

Kind Regards,
PremJK

Same here. cmdagent.exe regularly takes up around 12-16% of my CPU until the machine is restarted. Windows 10 x64.

Hi szpunk,

Welcome to Comodo Forum.

Thank you for reporting, we are working to get it fixed. “We’ll keep you updated.”

Regards,
Metheni R

I was updated COMODO 11 from version 10, then import my old config. I try use default firewall config yestoday, the problem solved.

I sent the old config file and new “good” config file to you, maybe these can help you fix the problem of config file update, please check PM.

Hi szpunk,

We have received your log files, thank you for your cooperation. We’re working on it.

Regards,
Metheni R

The problem show again after a few days…

Can you try 11.0.0.6774 to see if it still happens? Make sure you download the offline installer so you don’t have to change your host file. Also does it only happen during multiple days of up-time?

Also does it only happen during multiple days of up-time?

Yes, I never power off my PC except necessary, I was usually used sleep mode, someday i wakeup my PC, i found the problem happen, and i need restart windows 10 to fix that.

I will try the newest RC version.

I installed new version,so far so good after 3 days. :slight_smile: