cmdagent.exe gone mad?

I installed CIS 4.1.x in June 2010, and everything worked as expected. As of today, cmdagent.exe suddenly and intermittently using up to 50% of CPU (ADM Athlon Dual Core Proc 6000+, 2GB RAM). What the hack?!

probably scheduled scanning?

cmdagent.exe can be heavy at times, in terms of peak memory, virtual memory, cpu, etc…

NO scanning at all! The reason I found: A large list of Pending Files. This should be displayed on Summary Screen like in CIS 3.x

Thanks for the info, sir! It should help others if they are experiencing similar issue…

The reason I found: A large list of Pending Files. This should be displayed on Summary Screen like in CIS 3.x!

Despite of this: such a large list shouldn’t bother me with CPU, storage, etc.

You’re welcome, GakunGak!

Dan

Can anybody confirm that a large list of pending files affects cmdagent’s performance?

As an additional info: I did a backup of my Sysdrive onto some local partition. These files I found in My Pending Files of Defense+. After I moved them to My Save Files, cmdagent.exe returned to normal operation resp. CPU and storage.

I can guess why it is happening. Files that are sitting in my pending files are constantly checked against the comodo servers, to see if new information is available on them. This causes cmdagent to go high becasue there are so many to check. This should resolve itself when the cloud whitelist comes online and files will be automatically moved over to my own safe files.

“Cloud whitelist comes online” - nice to hear! Hopefully soon! Thanks.

In the mean time, if you know or are certain the files are safe, you can move them to ‘My Own Safe Files’.