cmdagent.exe abnormally consumes CPU.

I’m from China. Some of the content in this post comes from automatic translation. please forgive me for my bad English

1. The full product and its version:
COMMODO Firewall 12.2.1 6950

2. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and ServicePack revision. and if using a virtual machine, which one:
Windows 10 X64 1909

3. List all the configuration changes you did. Are you using Default configuration? If no, whats the difference?:
The configuration I use can be downloaded from the attachment.
4. Did you install over a previous version without uninstalling first, or import a previous configuration file?:
No, I haven’t done the above.

5. Other Security, Sandboxing or Utility Software Installed:
I did not install the above software.

6. Step by step description to reproduce the issue. Or if you cannot reproduce it, what you actually did before it happened, step by step:
1:Install the UWP application named bilibili from the Microsoft Store. If you have already installed it, you can ignore this step.
2:Make sure you’re connected to the Internet.
3:Running the above application, there is a high probability of recurring the problem at this time.

7. What actually happened when you carried out these steps:
cmdagent.exe abnormally consumes CPU.

8. What you expected to see or happen when you carried out these steps, and why (if not obvious):
There should be no abnormal CPU usage.

9. Any other information:
1:This BUG will also be triggered randomly, sometimes it will appear as soon as it is turned on, and sometimes after a period of use.
2:Tested QQ Music from Microsoft Store also causes this BUG.
3:Other Chinese users also encountered the same BUG, and the software versions of their software included 6882 and 6914.
4:The diagnostic report can be downloaded from the following URL:
[b]https://1drv.ms/u/s!Arqmb2Ey-F7JighcP14zk1j0VuLe?e=xoPZbg[/b]

Hello eax,

Thank you for reporting.We will check this issue.

Kind Regards,
PD

Hello eax,

We pleased to inform you that new version of CIS has been released.So could you please check with this latest version of CIS v12.2.2.7036.
Have a nice day!

Kind Regards,
PD