cmdagent crashes

Anyone else experiencing frequent cmdagent crashes? It’s happening to me on 2 XP machines. I don’t know when they happen or why because I just find CIS 5.3 crashed overnight and it leaves my machine in a state where I cannot even do a soft reboot, I have to use the power button to reboot.

I submitted the crash dumps every time to cpfbugs [at] Comodo and the emails never bounced, but it would be nice to get an acknowledgment back that they were received, that someone is looking into it, maybe asking for more info, try a fix, etc. Not sure if submitting to that email address is useful or just a black hole.

The best approach is to post a bug report in this topic.

Just make sure you put it in the correct format.

In this case I don’t think that’s the best approach for two reasons:

• I can’t fill out the template because I don’t really know what’s going on as I find CIS crashed
  • I do not want to attach the dump files for anyone to download as I’m not sure what private info may be in the dumps that then becomes public on the internet

You can just fill out any of the information you know and note where you’re not sure what was going on. That’s fine.

If you like you can put the dump files in a password protected zip file and then attach that to your bug report. You could then request that the devs send you a PM when they are investigating it so that you can give them the password.

It’s a bit awkward, but I think it would work.

It sounds like like this. https://forums.comodo.com/format-verified-issue-reports-cis/oops-you-have-just-forund-a-bug-nbz-t67965.0.html

I was only able to get the last screendump by leaving paint open all the time in the expectation of a crash.

Thanks for pointing me to that thread. It does seem very similar and I’m not running Teamviewer. For me it started with the upgrade from 5.0 to 5.3, it seems CIS 5.3 is not as stable as 5.0 at least for me.