*.cmd vs. *.bat

I’m not sure this is the right place to post this, since this is not really a bug as such…

I see many places withing the application where one can define filters for what an executable file is (as far as I can tell this only applies to “Image Execution Control Settings”|“Files To Check” and “My Protected Files” but there may be other places). As expected, these sets include *.bat files, which invoke the 16-bit command interpreter, command.cmd. However, these sets do not include *.cmd, which invoke the 32-bit command interpreter, cmd.exe. Wouldn’t this cause a small “hole” in the default configuration?

Additionally, why are the sets defining what an executable file not equal in the different places?

-Andreas

No need to worry. Just try to launch any batch with .cmd extension (Comodo Firewall rules are default): it should show “explorer.exe tries to execute somebatch.cmd” which means .cmd file was intercepted before loading to memory. At least how it works for me. But then, i don’t understand completely purpose of “files to check” section ???
Anyway, bear in mind i may be wrong :slight_smile: