cmd agent

Is it just me or are other people experiencing cmd agent hogging all the cpu 98-100%?
My com becomes unusable when this happens. Why does it hog the cpu like this? what is it doing??

hey nalacknick

Could you tell what other security software you have and have had? Could also tell me what OS and which programs you have regularly running on your pc.

Regards,
Valentin N

Hi Valentin N

My security software real time is CIS 5.3 I have got MBAM and Hitman pro for on demand scans. My OS is win xp sp3 semprom 2800+ CPU (so not that great) 4gb ram. The main program i use a lot is msn (with cam) butthere doesn’t seem to be any particular pattern as to when cmd agent decided to hog the CPU.
Any help/thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I have been using Comodo since V2.4 I think it does a great job apart from the CPU hogging I am now experiencing.
Nick

did you upgrade to 5.3 or how is it.

Could always try to reinstalled CIS by first downloading CIS 5.3 32bit/64bit and CIS clean up tool. Uninstall the current CIS and use CIS clean-up tool in safe mode (press F8 after the computer logo) as admin. After that you install CIS in normal mode as admin.

Regards,
Valentin N

It was a fresh install but I think my com is just not up to modern day requirements. I have also noticed msnmsgr.exe using a lot of CPU also and when I open cam my system is very very slow when I try to open a web browser at the same time. I think it’s just time to splash out on a better system :).
Thanks for your assistance Valentin N
regards
Nick

I noticed the same problem and posted about it here:

https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cis/cmdagent-taking-up-cpu-slows-down-everything-t69191.0.html

My troubles started with the upgrade from 5.0 to 5.3, it was fine on 5.0

Maybe these 2 threads could be merged, sounds like similar issues.

What hardware are you on nalacknick?

May be left overs of previously installed security programs are in the way and causing cmdagent.exe to use up almost all CPU cycles. Try using removal tools for those programs. Here is a list of removal tools for common av programs: ESET Knowledgebase .

Otherwise do a Google search with terms “removal tool” and * name of product or vendor*.

I suggest you you try to reinstall CIS but before that you should try EricJH’s suggestion

Regards,
Valentin N

I did use AVG and Avast/Avira many years ago I have tried the removal tools for these progs. They went through the motions of cleaning but not sure if they did actually clean anything. Anyway I will monitor the situation to see if it has improved things.
My com is asus MB M2NPV-MX latest bios update, Sempron 2800+ CPU 4GB ram Win XP Home 32Bit (latest updates) Asus GT430 video card. Security is latest comodo 5.3 (clean update - uninstalled V5 first then ran ccleaner before installing 5.3 ) and also have MBAM free & Hitman pro for on demand scans.
Thanks for your suggestions
Nick

Keep us posted.

FYI, I have found that Immunet 3.0 (currently installed on my system) seems to interfere and causing cmdagent cpu hogging. Once I stopped the Immunet service, everything was running smoothly.

Immunet 3.0 is meant to run on it’s own. I am glad you fun the problem to the high cpu usage. :-TU

Regards,
Valentin N