[CLOSED] Tyl's BugReport/Feedback for Vista x64 ONLY (3.0.1.1_Alpha_x64)

First of all, many thanks for COMODO for releasing (for free!!) and continuing development of its superb firewall software!!

I started this thread to feedback any bugs/problems I’ve encountered from testing the first publicly available alpha release (cough, cough, should be RC-1, cough :wink: ).

Bug report (vista x64 3.0.1.1 alpha) (Updated as testing continues, new bugs in blue)

1. Two unsigned drivers during installation.

2. Alpha Configurator Utility reported: “DeCompress file NOT IMPLEMENTED in x64…” -but then dissapeared and installation appeared to complete.

3. Firewall logs contain no information in the FIREWALL/VIEW FIREWALL EVENTS section of the main UI.

4. After uninstalling firewall using uninstall feature, cannot reinstall (installer reports: “You seem to be having Comodo Pro… installed using older version of installer. Please go to …”)

5. PCAudit Leaktest failed :frowning:

6. Defining IE as a “web browser” blocks access to cpanel on the frontend of web sites. You need to define it as a “trusted application”. I think this happens because on a shared server, cpanel is accessed on http using specific ports (eg 2082) and the “web browser” definition doesnt allow for this. Is this a bug?

7. FIREWALL/ADVANCED/NETWORK SECURITY POLICY/APLICATION RULES expands all rules as default. Could we have a toggle button to “expand/minimise all rules” and have it set to “minimise” as default please? :slight_smile:

8. Does not register in Vista’s Security Center and keeps Windows Firewall active -CONTRIBUTED, TO BE VERIFIED

9. While in “Learn Safe Only” mode trying to access the “Windows Firewall with Advanced Security” causes the UAC to freeze in the dimmed state. Only CTRL+ALT+DEL with Restart PC safely breaks the freeze and reboots the machine. Infact this happens when attempting to access any app that launches the UAC. -CONTRIBUTED, TO BE VERIFIED

Defining IE as a “web browser” blocks access to cpanel on the frontend of web sites. You need to define it as a “trusted application”.

I think this happens because on a shared server, cpanel is accessed on http using specific ports (eg 2082) and the “web browser” definition doesnt allow for this.

Is this a bug?

FIREWALL/ADVANCED/NETWORK SECURITY POLICY/APLICATION RULES expands all rules as default. Could we have a toggle button to “expand/minimise all rules” and have it set to “minimise” as default please? :slight_smile:

I have replicated all 7 (thus far). I also posted the below in the main Vista Bug report but not sure if it’ll even be noticed …

1. Does not register in Vista’s Security Center and keeps Windows Firewall active

2. While in “Learn Safe Only” mode trying to access the “Windows Firewall with Advanced Security” causes the UAC to freeze in the dimmed state. Only CTRL+ALT+DEL with Restart PC safely breaks the freeze and reboots the machine. Infact this happens when attempting to access any app that launches the UAC.

1. Im not sure its a bug per-se. Im guessing that an alpha or beta product wouldnt be catalogued in the Security Centre until it was a final release version and registered with MS. Ill include it anyways in the list so’s they dont forget to register a final version :wink:

In the meantime, you can disable the windows firewall and monitor by:
going to CONTROL CENTRE/WINDOWS FIREWALL,
clicking the “TURN WINDOWS FIREWALL ON OR OFF”,
selecting “OFF”,

going to CONTROL PANEL/SECURITY CENTRE,
expanding the FIREWALL section,
clicking “SHOW ME MY AVAILABLE OPTIONS”,
and selecting “I HAVE A FIREWALL PROGRAM THAT ILL MONITOR MYSELF”.

1. Can anyone confirm this please? Ill try myself later.

Thanks tyl,
#8 Was, as you say, just for awareness and I didn’t fancy starting a whole thread for it so mentioned it here :wink: