clistart.exe not recognized

An ATI startup file is not recognized after doing a lookup and after doing a submit.  Should I allow this file.  11625 virus version of the database. win home premium 6.1.7601  New netbook so I'm nervous. Thanks for any help.        This is a new computer and I had not installed anything other than CIS.  Unless Acer is making spyware. I am pretty nervous about non paranoid mode making a sandboxing action. The file is in startup  and is the ATI control panel.  A Google search said.   I would hope the CIS software can be set to accept new computers as is.   Acer bloatware is suspect but it would be nice to know if it were malware or not for sure. Hopefully Comodo can determine this stuff soon.   Thanks again.

This problem is not uncommon.

Clistart is often not signed. but is part of catalyst control centre. Underthe cicumstnaces you describe you should be reasonably safe making it a trusted file. But if still unsure leave it sandboxed and submit it for whitelisting in the forum here.

It changes frequently if you install every driver update, so if you end up adding it to trusted files, use the identify by name tick box on the trusted files dialog.

Best wishes

Mouse

Thanks for all the info. CIS has a AD supported banner flash by and has been using small arrow amount indicators on the connection icon. This started when I installed Trust Connect ad supported version. I’ve since deleted Trust Connect but CIS still has the behavior. Any suggestions. Say a clean install of CIS? Thankyou for any help.

I’d suggest a complete re-install.

Use the standard un-installer first, reboot then the Forced re-installation tool, uninstalling trust connect and CIS.

That should fix it

Best wishes

Mouse