client settings wizard has stopped working [ANSWERED]

I occasionally get a runtime error notification in a CSE dialog box followed by “client settings wizard has stopped working.” The certificates are not being sent. Durring uninstall I get a parameters incorrect box and can’t uninstall nor the repair doesn’t help. Any help would be appreciated. Is there a method to manually uninstall comodo secure email? Where are the program settings stored?

[i][i]This the reply I got from Comodo:

'Hi,

Thanks for writing to us.

Please refer the below link to fix the issue.

https://forums.comodo.com/bug-reports-cse/visual-c-runtime-error-on-windows-xp-limited-account-t34029.0.html
For further assistance, do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Technical Support.

Ticket Details"[/i][/i]

It is page that leads nowhere. It was for an old version 2.0.0.9

Come on now there is no one that knows how to manually remove CSE? Using programs like Revo’s force instal leave components behoind. One is CEmLSP.dll. Not allowing it to startup completely screws things up. Windows & stop giving warning sounds.

Please can someone help me?

Try updating to the Latest Supported Visual C++ Downloads from Microsoft and see if that fixes the problem for you.

I have had the most current, I 'm not letting the program run at statup but there are components that are running never the less. If you have Sysinternals Autoruns after everything has started under winsoc providers it shows:

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\WinSock2\Parameters\Protocol_Catalog9\Catalog_Entries64

that there are 6 connections running albeit it is turned off. I know that this is freeware but how can they create software without knowing how to remove it manually. I have a old version of Ashampoo’s Uninstaller. It takes a system snap shot before and after the software runs, doesn’t use the provided uninstaller and thoroughly removes anything that gets put on. Boy do I regret that I stopped using it. No more.

Thanks for your input though, it’s appreciated.

Well it’s been over a month and there still is no solution from comodo on how I can uninstall this program.

Sorry you are having this problem, and for the delay.

You have to uninstall CSE from an admin account. You may need to reinstall first before uninstalling.

A re-install may well fix the problem anyway.

Best wishes

Mouse