CISP manual scan aborts at 90%

Comodo CISP v. 12.2.2.8012, dbase v. 35564, websites dbase v.65213
Win 10 Home ver. 22H2, OS build 19045.2728 w/ 16 GB RAM

Once a week I manually run the update, then do a manual Quick, Full, and Rating scan.
I never had any problems except when running the Full scan.
It aborts itself at the 90% mark maybe 7 times out of 10.
Almost always I’m not doing anything else on the PC, yet it stops by itself at 90% after roughly 28 minutes.
Today it’s aborted twice in a row.
Anything to look for?

Hi tarok,

Thank you for reporting.
Are you running any other security software othan than CIS ? if so kindly disable the other security software and check the issue. (As running multiple security software may cause this issue.)
If not kindly provide us the screenshot of fullscan abortion.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

I just re-ran under the same conditions as reported and it aborted at 90%.
I don’t have any other security software installed. Windows Defender is installed, but it’s given control to CISP.

Hi tarok,

Thank you for providing the requested information.The scan should not abort like this.
Could you please turn off the comodo AV and restart the machine then turn on the Comodo Av & check ?

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

I followed your instructions and re-ran the scan. It didn’t abort this time, but it doesn’t do this every time. I’ll update the next time it aborts.

Hi tarok,

Ok, kindly report back if the issue occurs.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

It occurred again today. This time I did not turn off and restart Comodo.

Hi tarok,

We will take this issue to the team notice and update you.
And for further investigation we will reach you through private message to get required information & log files.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Hi tarok,

When CIS scan aborts kindly take the screenshot of the file which has caused to abort the scan.
FYI: We hav checked and found no issues at our end.
And we have same issue from another user as adobe media encoder and skype files causes scan abortion. so kindly check in your end and share us the details of the software which causes scan abortion. so that we will analyse the software and update you.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Ran the full scan again today, and both times it aborted at 90%.

Hi tarok,

Thank you for reporting.
kindly uninstall existing CIS and use below ciscleanuptool. (Note: This tool will ask to restart pc twice, kindly do not skip those restart.)
http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/ciscleanuptool/CisCleanupTool_x64_3.1.0.45.exe
Then install CIS from the below link and run fullscan.

Kindly let us know your feedback.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

I see that this is the same version as what I have installed currently. Before I uninstall and reinstall, will this version still be free to me?

Hi tarok,

Thank you for reporting.
Yes, the above CIS is free.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Is this the newest free version of CIS?

Hi tarok,

Currently CIS Premium free V12.2.2.8012 is the latest version.
To download CIS pro V12.2.4.8032 kindly refer the below link to download.

FYI: The team is working on the new CIS premium free. We will keep you posted.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

For the past 2 weeks it has again aborted at 90%.
I’ll restart it, scan, and it will complete.
There has to be a better solution than uninstalling the prog and reinstalling it.
Current CIS Premium free version: V12.2.2.8012, db version 36222.
Win 10 Home ver. 22H2, OS build 19045.3693 w/ 16 GB RAM,
Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0
No other security progs installed.

Hi tarok,

Sorry for the inconvenience.
We tested and never found such scan abortion.
However could you please turn off all the CIS components like av, hips, firewall.etc, then restart the machine and turn on all the components & perform scan.
Kindly check and let us know your feedback.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

I did exactly that today after the scan again aborted at 90%.
After rebooting and turning the features back on and re-scanning, it again stopped at 90%.

And it once again aborted at 90% last week and today. It’s not occurring every time. It seems to randomly do this.