Can you install CIS with the AV, but not have the AV running resident? I’m willing to try out CIS AV, but not at the risk of my PC, I want to see over time how it compares with my current scanner Antivir… So I’d like to keep antivir resident, but do right click scans of potentially suspicious files with both (sequentially).
It’s possible to install the AV and later disable the real time/resident-protection from the main window. I’ve done it that way to get the right-click shell extension, so that I can scan malware and submit them if they’re not detected.
I also have CIS configured this way. No issues to post with this setup.
The order I would do it in is as follows;
- Download the CIS installer but don’t run it yet
1a. Ensure you have the installation file and serial number (if required) fro your current AV
- Disconnect from the internet, because we’re going to temporarily disable your current AV
- Uninstall your current AV.
- Reboot PC
- Install CIS
- Reboot and configure CIS
- Open CIS and disable real time AV monitoring
- Reinstall your current AV with real time monitoring enabled
- Reconnect to the internet
This is the long way round and there may be shortcuts.
Hope this helps,