CIS v7 Messaging Centre Error [V7B][M868]

1. Diagnostics report as attachment to your post - done
  2. The full product and its version e.g. COMODO Firewall 7.0.308911.4080 CIS 7.0.308911.4080
  3. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision. and if using a virtual machine, which one. Windows 7 32bit Service pack 1 (Production PC)
  4. List all the configuration changes you did. Are you using Default configuration? If no, what’s the difference? I don’t have Default configuration I am Using Proactive Security configuration.
    5. Did you install over a previous version without uninstalling first, or import a previous configuration file? No I Unistalled CIS 6.3 first with IObit Uninstaller before doing a fresh install of CIS 7.0.308911.4080
    6. Other Security, Sandboxing or Utility Software Installed No I don’t have any other.
    7. Step by step description to reproduce the issue. Or if you cannot reproduce it, what you actually did before it happened, step by step. A Advert from COMODO Message Centre pop-up on the bottom right and hand side of screen with an offer to get CIS for 1/3 off. So when I pressed it I got a Runtime error with a code, but I will enclose it at the end of this.
    This question is crucial as well. The most valuable report is the one with precise, separate, numbered, reproduction steps. < When I got the Runtime error stop CIS acting the way it should.
    i) I tried to open Advance Setting, but It would not open at all.
    ii) Northing else happens
  5. What actually happened when you carried out these steps It was like CIS was Locked out, and nothing worked. (The Only Temp Fix is to Reboot PC)
  6. What you expected to see or happen when you carried out these steps, and why (if not obvious) I do not know, I am not sure how Random the COMODO Message Centre displays an AD
  7. I shall leave the COMODO Message Centre checked marked, and I just see if it happens again.
  8. It has happened on my Laptop, However my Laptop has the same Configuration as I’ve told you for Questions 2 3 and 4 from the first section

Please find below my capture of the Runtime error and the CISReport.

Thanks

Regards

Nigel.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thank you for reporting this. I’d appreciate it if you would edit your first post so that it is in the format provided here. Just copy and paste the code. Then put your responses after the colons. This will ensure that there is likely enough information for the devs to fully understand, and replicate, this problem.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.

1. Diagnostics report as attachment to your post - done
  2. The full product and its version e.g. COMODO Firewall 7.0.308911.4080 CIS 7.0.308911.4080
  3. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision. and if using a virtual machine, which one. Windows 7 32bit Service pack 1 (Production PC)
  4. List all the configuration changes you did. Are you using Default configuration? If no, what’s the difference? I don’t have Default configuration I am Using Proactive Security configuration.
    5. Did you install over a previous version without uninstalling first, or import a previous configuration file? No I Unistalled CIS 6.3 first with IObit Uninstaller before doing a fresh install of CIS 7.0.308911.4080
    6. Other Security, Sandboxing or Utility Software Installed No I don’t have any other.
    7. Step by step description to reproduce the issue. Or if you cannot reproduce it, what you actually did before it happened, step by step. A Advert from COMODO Message Centre pop-up on the bottom right and hand side of screen with an offer to get CIS for 1/3 off. So when I pressed it I got a Runtime error with a code, but I will enclose it at the end of this.
    This question is crucial as well. The most valuable report is the one with precise, separate, numbered, reproduction steps. < When I got the Runtime error stop CIS acting the way it should.
    i) I tried to open Advance Setting, but It would not open at all.
    ii) Northing else happens
  5. What actually happened when you carried out these steps It was like CIS was Locked out, and nothing worked. (The Only Temp Fix is to Reboot PC)
  6. What you expected to see or happen when you carried out these steps, and why (if not obvious) I do not know, I am not sure how Random the COMODO Message Centre displays an AD
  7. I shall leave the COMODO Message Centre checked marked, and I just see if it happens again.
  8. It has happened on my Laptop, However my Laptop has the same Configuration as I’ve told you for Questions 2 3 and 4 from the first section

Please find below my capture of the Runtime error and the CISReport.

Thanks

Regards

Nigel.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thank you very much for your report in standard format, with all information supplied. The care you have taken is much appreciated by Comodo, and will increase the likelihood that this bug can be fixed.

Developers may or may not communicate with you in the forum or by PM/IM, depending on time availability and need. Because you have supplied complete information they may be able to replicate and fix the bug without doing so.

Many thanks again.

The devs have not been able to reproduce this issue. Please see if you can again reproduce it. Then, during the time you see the popup for the run-time error, make a Full Dump with KillSwitch. If you are not aware of how to do that please feel free to ask.

After creating the Full Dump upload it to a file sharing site, such as this one and paste the download link in your reply. I can then update the entry and see if they can reproduce it with the information from the Full Dump.

Thanks.

OK, Chiron,

I will do it, once I see an COMODO Message Centre pop-up

Then I will do it.

Not seen one since.

I will send you a PM Chiron

I have responded to your PM. If you are able to replicate this please attach the Full Dump in your next reply.

Thanks.

As a Full Dump has not yet been uploaded I am forced to move this to Resolved. If you are still experiencing this issue, please create a Full Dump. Then both respond to this topic and send me a PM (with a link to this bug report).

Thanks.