CIS premium version 6 antivirus update

Yeah, it will happen eventually but maybe hours later. That’s not acceptable to me.

Do you have the cloud lookups disabled? With the cloud, there’s no security risk in having an older local database.

And again, what is the problem? U have still the full protection, cause u r connected to the cloud Database. And ur signatures will update automatically if u not have change the setup to something other. U have to do nothing manually.

Of course I have not disabled the cloud services, that wouldn’t make any sense in today’s world.

If there is no security risk, then I shouldn’t be presented with a red or even yellow alert message that there might be and that action needs to be taken. I don’t like the prospect of an alert icon staying present in my system tray for possibly hours until the program finally gets around to doing something it should have done much sooner.

I think Heffe is right. With the cloud protection, downloading & installing virusdef. is “oldschool” and the Security Center of the Control Panel is not that reliable (outdated) because it’s based on “oldschool”! :cry:
Anyways, I get an automatic virus def. install. inside 30 minutes from starting up my pc when they are outdated and available, so that’s acceptable to me! :wink: ;D

The alert is not coming from the Security Center but from CIS itself.

Ah, now i have understand… ur problem is the yellow CIS GUI/Alert. Hmmm, ok, i dont know, my laptop is connected every day, i have never see this alert.