CIS(P) 6.0 / Win 7 x64 / LAN = "No internet connection", WLAN = OK?

Hi!

Running:
CIS(P) 6.0 (Free version)
Earlier used F-Secure Internet Security 2012 (or 2013?)
Win 7 Home Premium x64

Installed network adapters:
Connection to Local Network (LAN)
Wireless Network Connection 3 (WLAN)
Wireless Network Connection 4 (???) [Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter #2]
VPN (Used for OpenVPN) [TAP-Win32 Adapter V9]

I uninstalled my earlier Internet Security program and used their advanced uninstall utility (which basically just seemed to start installing itself and then nothing) and then installed both Commodo Antivirus and Commodo Firewall and now my currently installed program is “Commodo Internet Security Premium 6.0”.

I do all the reboots the programs ask me of and I have even used Commodo’s own registry cleaner to make sure that I get all the old info in the registry deleted but I can’t get this to work.

When I’m connected via my LAN I get “No internet connection” even though I have told “Commodo Firewall” that it is my “home network” and the IP I get is a 169.x.x.x = invalid ip. When using WLAN it works great, right out of the box.

Tried both a static IP and dynamic IP for my LAN network card.
Using an Asus RT-N56U router with the latest (Dec 2012) firmware.

Please help me get this working, the same problem has happened when I only had “Commodo Firewall” installed as well.

Best Regards and thanks in advance / TheSwede86

The firewall is set up right as you can connect using your wireless connection.

Can you see if updating the driver for your LAN connection helps here? Can you also check the Properties of your LAN connection to see if may be a driver of F Secure is still around?

I tried checking for an updated driver but the one i have (2010-09-27, 1.0.0.36) for my LAN (Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)) seems to be the latest one.

In the properties I see this:

I removed the “Netgear Firewall” driver but other then that what might be the cause?

Edit: Yepp, removing that “Netgear Firewall”-thing got it working :slight_smile:
Thanks for the help!

Edit 2: is there any way to load default settings for everything i.e. the firewall and anti-virus?
want all my settings undone and everything (rules etc.) as I had them upon installation.

Congratulations on solving this issue. What is the Netgear Firewall Driver for? With what application does it belong? The cause is a driver conflict and as such it is worth a bug report in its own right.

To load default settings you can import a factory default configuration from Configuration. When importing use an applicable name that differs from the default names.

The factory default configurations can be found in the CIS installation folder and hold the cfgx extension.

Well thank you for helping me :slight_smile:
I googled it since I have no idea how it got there but I earlier had an Netgear ReadyNAS and that the driver came from there (when installing their utility).
It seems to add a service/protocol as well called “Leaf” which I uninstalled before even posting the screenshot since I didn’t recognized it.

Thanks for the help with the factory defaults :slight_smile:

P.S.
It is REALLY annoying that when you log in to the forum you get redirected from the post you were browsing etc. to the main forum site, please report this to the webmaster. When you are really deep down in the “forum tree” it is annoying and hard to find the post again.
P.S

If you uninstalled the Netgear software it must have left behind that driver. You can uninstall it from the Properties dialogue.

As it seems to be a bug. If you have the time and energy please consider filing a bug report in the Bug Reports - CIS board following the format as described in FORMAT & GUIDE - just COPY/PASTE it!.

Reporting of bugs is strictly moderated to make sure Comodo gets clear bug reports. So, please make sure you closely follow protocol. That way your report will certainly be seen by Comodo staff.

P.S. It is REALLY annoying that when you log in to the forum you get redirected from the post you were browsing etc. to the main forum site, please report this to the webmaster. When you are really deep down in the "forum tree" it is annoying and hard to find the post again. P.S
Could you please report this in the [url=https://forums.comodo.com/report-comodo-forum-web-site-issues-b46.0/]Report Comodo Forum / Web Site Issues[/url] board?

On a side note. I assume you automatically delete cookies when closing down the browser (that’s what I do). For a limited group of forums or sites that I always want to be logged in with I have those cookies excluded. This way I will always be logged in there when I go there.