CIS is out. That's great, but...

I have to agree. I’ve become increasingly dissatisfied with Comodo since CFP 3 came out, and their recent move to jump on the bloatware bandwagon does NOT help. Furthermore, I’m disappointed that the website no longer offers CFP 2.4 for download - I know it had limitations, but the ease of use and relatively few popups (compared to CFP 3.x) made it my top recommendation for less-sophisticated users who still wanted good security.

Bloatware?

1)its optional to install components
2)it now takes less memory than previous ones.

its anything but bloatware.

thanks
Melih

I agree, Melih. Suites are nicer (in my view) than having to DL several programs to get the same level of protection (that is bloatware when it comes to resource management).

err IIRC CFP 2.4 has “not remembering rules” issue thus make more pop up 88)
and you can choose upon CFP3/CIS installation to have firewall w/leaktest protection (something like that, i don’t remember exactly the words), it’s the same configuration & protection with CFP 2.4.
so unless you’re windows 2000 user, there’s no reason to pick CFP 2.4 over CFP3. :slight_smile:

Oh yes, there is a reason: CIS is still not available in localized language versions! That’s a serious problem for many people I know.

I’m a complete freak when it comes to bloatware. And CIS is, in my honest opinion, an excellent alternative. How many vendors offer Firewall, Antivirus and HIPS in just TWO processes (usually sub 10 MB RAM usage) and with NO dependencies?

LA

Yeah…

I just found that thread… LOL :-TU

Josh

CIS is not bloatware. The only problem,and this is how I see it, for the reasons I mentioned before, is that there are no separate tools.

For example, yesterday came out a new update. I didn’t update through the updater. I downloaded the full package, because when new versions come out, is always a good time to perform a clean install, meaning clean rules. But this is just me…

But, I truly would like to see Comodo offer the 3 products in separate: CIS, CFP, CAV3.

why does the comodo updater tell me there’s an update, while there is nothing in the release notes (online) yet, you can’t download the installer (the standalone setup file is still build 427), and there’s nothing on this forum either?

They haven’t updated www.comodo.com yet. Here’s the latest stuff:

https://forums.comodo.com/feedbackcommentsannouncementsnews_cis/fyi_comodo_internet_security_3555810432_update-t30300.0.html

LA

oh that one
http://img33.picoodle.com/img/img33/3/11/19/f_shamem_60f2a3b.gif

but i don’t think this apply to desertrat2143’s situation :stuck_out_tongue:

nah, not bloatware. totally superior product all the way around. community presence is second to none. great software. and i am a total ■■■ about poorly done non-compact code.

this one has been running on my machines for the better part of a year. i’ve no intention of returning to ZA. it takes a learning curve, but it’s worth it because this ware is as anti-bloat as it gets.

best ethic i have seen since the original UTorrent. lovely thing Comodo.

its great to be appreciated by people who knows their stuff :wink:

Thank you!

Melih

(:SAD) I am a bit paranoid at people criticizing (especially CIS) in a topic ERRONEOUSLY and never to post back a sorry, I wish i can send people like those a virus that only CIS can detect >:-D , but it is a bit out of my power and will.

you’re welcome. but thanks goes to you.
all it takes is one person who has the right combination of passion, know-how, opportunity and resources and change can be made Melih. you’re that guy. kudos goes to you.

But this is how it is done. (Or I don’t get your question right.)
You can install only AV, only Firewall, or both. CMF is integrated into CIS and any new version of CMF will be part of CIS.

We know what you want. But why do you mention CMF and BOClean, as you know you can have them separate now? Has anyone written they will not be distributed as stand alone in the future (I’m not saying the opposite, just asking)?

Yes, in the best of all worlds. :wink: However I think it’s not a big deal - today - as long as only CAV and CF are the ones bundled. By looking at older CFP 3.0 installers you’ll see that the file size difference is surely noticable, but not huge (in my opinion).

The firewall was separate, as version 3.0 (when CAVS was 2.0 Beta and had nothing to do with the new CAV 3.5), surely you can’t have missed this (although I don’t know your history of using Comodo software).

Then we can’t expect that future separate packages will not be available, can we. I’ve seen posts in the past from Melih, stating that they will still make stand alone applications (I’m not refering to CF and CAV now). CF and CAV seems however to be an exception as per today, and possibly tomorrow. They’ve simply chosed to distribute it this way, and although I’m (and most likely Comodo too) fully aware of the downside, I’m not sure separate packages of CF and CAV will come… that’s just what I can tell from earlier posts. It’s easier to distribute it this way.

Melih has already stated he will not separate these items into stand-alone. As Weaker has already mentioned, users can install any part of or the whole package.

I am stating my personal preference here, I prefer all the security in one package as I know that they will all function together without conflict if I choose to install everything. I would also know that the cooperative nature thus achieved will go a long way towards better system security as a whole.

Also, I will note one module running with its GUI makes managing these security layers so much simpler instead of having to run 3, 4, 5 different programs each with its own GUI and modules resident in memory (which would in my experience use much more total resources than a single application doing the same.)

I am all for integration.