CIS for Windows 7 build 7000 and higher

Please install the new beta on W7, the firewall looks to work as expected.

It does recognize the applications and creates rules on them.
Incoming traffic is dropped or alerted for and the corresponding application is shown.

same here. (using x64)
Active process list now works (D+), new firewall rule detector works a lot better than before, global rules work (they don’t in the current final build)
will say more as we go, but it seems to be a winner :wink:

i use CIS im my windows 7 build 7000

yes i have put vista or xp in compatibility mode

It is not working.

Firewall does not detect network trafic. I opened IE and nothing happened.
There was no rule on the firewall module. D+ set to paranoid not giving alerts.
The tray icon does not works(no animation)

And yes I installed under Vista compatibility.

Please be carefull, if you are constantly using Win7 with CIS, be carefull as the firewall is not working correctly!!

could you specify if this was with the final or the new beta build of CIS?

Both.
The last beta at least turn the read icon on the CIS Tay icon!! And it says that the firewall is just not working
Run Diagnostics try to fix but it fails.

I have just installed the new beta on a fresh install of W7 x64. It installed fine, used Vista compat mode, and it seems to be working fine.

I am just using the firewall and have it set to custome policy mode. Networks and their activity is detected and asked for as appropriate.

EDIT: Decided to add the antivirus facility to the firewal and it has just updated and seems to work.

Here is my experience with current version (3.5)

Win7(32) + FreshInstalling + VistaCompt + RunAsAdmin

Seems FW works ( alerts appear and allow select policy and my rules fire also)

But summary screen does not show connections

Is it “normal” I do not know but it was not critical for me and I am going to install comodo-beta now )

[attachment deleted by admin]

I cannot seem to find the link to the CIS Beta. I am using W7 as well and would like to try it out :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Hello VettePilot,

It’s here in the CIS beta corner
https://forums.comodo.com/beta_corner_cis-b133.0/

Thank you so much! I couldn’t find that darn thing for the life of me ;D

Well, i am now using the latest Beta “CIS_Setup_3.5.61373.458_XP_Vista_x32_BETA” and it seems to be working as advertised so far. If I have any problems i will let you know :slight_smile:

By the way, when I tried to uninstall the latest retail release of CIS I got the Blue Screen of Death as reported by another user :frowning:

Yeah,I just got BSOD too.
I forgot to uninstall it in safe mode. :THNK

If so, it should noticed in changelog.

Beta 2 seems to work fine here on Win 7 beta build 7000. The CIS installer needs to be run as admin in Vista compatibility mode.

Comodo had better get to going on the CIS release for Windows 7. Microsoft said they may release Windows 7 as early as June or July 2009. It will be in several versions;
Starter, Home Premium, Professional, Ultimate, & Enterprise.

(:NRD)

Things are moving fast for Win 7. There will not be the regular second beta but will go straight to the RC status.

I realise you “like” comodo, but if you’d paid any attention to the 3.8 beta and comments in this thread, you might’ve noticed the generally fairly positive reports on win7 compatibility…

The present Windows 7 Beta does not expire until the 1st August

To have updater working on Windows 7 build 7000 go to

C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security

Right click on cfpupdat.exe > Properties > Compatibility and set it to run under Vista compatibility mode.

Confirmed to work on x86/x64 versions of Windows 7 and will no longer get the 101 error.

Cheers :■■■■