CIS - Disable Untill Next Reboot [M1986]

Please add “Until Next Reboot” in the drop-down options for the “How long should it stay disabled?” prompt.

1. What actually happened or you saw:
15 minutes
30 minutes
60 minutes
Permanently

2. What you wanted to happen or see:
15 minutes
30 minutes
60 minutes
Until Next Reboot
Permanently

3. Why you think it is desirable:

This adds security value by ensuring the relevant feature is enabled in certain situations.
For example, if I disabled the firewall late at night to troubleshoot an application, I might forget to enable it before I power down because I’m tired.
Then, I might come back five days later and realize that the kids have been using the computer with a disabled Comodo firewall.

4. Any other information:
This feature exists in AVG AV products. I use this feature in a production setting in which the PC is used display video output using bloated presentation
software that I cannot optimize or replace. To prevent background programs from slowing things down I have to temporarily disable things like antivirus and system updates. I learned the hard way because an AVG missed antivirus scan decided to rerun during production hours.

…and also the same timer setup for HIPS! Why doesn’t HIPS have the same timer? The Devs are discriminating against HIPS. Maybe we should alert the ACLU? ;D

On my system (Windows 7 x64 with Comodo Free 8.2.0.4591) Comodo auto-starts every time I reboot even if manually closed for reasons such as you indicate. This applies to hard and soft reboots and simply logging in and out of any user account. I just select Exit from the systray context menu.

I see the convenience of the menu item but here at least the functionality is already present. HTH

Reboot should never been forced.

Also I lost several times all my work because I accidentely hit the allow button when the popup showed so an extra “are you sure” popup should ask for confirmation !!!