CIS/CES 8 adds ADS to files which remain present if files distributed [M1367]

Nope. Not solved in 8.1.0.4426.

For the life of me, I just can’t imagine why ANYTHING stored in these many thousands of separate ADS can’t be stored in a SINGLE Comodo protected database file instead, for example: FileID, FileName, FileLocation, DateFirstObserved, SecurityHash, FileRating, WhateverYouNeed, NoAlteredTimeStampsOrADSClutter, ProblemSolved.

If someone says it’s for performance or security reasons, I’d say that’s a weak excuse because the same should be able to be accomplished with a database file.

Sorry, but untill ADS problem is fixed I can not install v.8 :frowning:

Dear all,

We will fix this problem as soon as possible for your information.

I will update you asap

Kind Regards
Buket

Thanks for your answer. And will I be able to deleted all created ADS with an specific tool? Now I can’t because Comodo block them.

Refer to this post for ADS delete instructions. My entry dated 02-04-2015

https://forums.comodo.com/install-setup-configuration-help-cis-b137.0/-t108076.0.html

Mod edit: I added your quotes here for convenience. Eric.

Doesn’t restore file dates though…

Ok, i will do it in safe mode when comodo fix the issue. But timestamps will continue broken :frowning:

Is there any temporary fix for ads through registry etc? Till the next cycle release?

Regards
ab

Comodo 5.10 solved this issue for sure :wink: that’s what i can tell you

No. If you read this topic you will find possible ways to remove the ADS. Various user went back to CIS v7.

Ok Thanks Eric. Even I have moved back to v7… well before…

Some more queries

Is ADS really required for file tracking, age etc?

Are there any other solutions?

As I see

1. database on each machine having tracking information(build on each machine according to the files on that machine)
    or
  2. File repository server at comodo. But if there is no permanent internet connection this will fail and hence 1 would be better.

Any comments from others would throw some more light.

Regards,
AB

I can not install v.8 too

Is it safe to use v5? And where can I find it? After downgrading to v7 I am experiencing old issues that were never resolved. I’m at the breaking point here but would prefer to stick with Comodo Firewall.

Surely, you can use that version but it’s not recommended. It depends on your security configuration and usage.
The list of resolved reports is quite very very long.

Thanks.

@Everyone, I would appreciate if we could stay on-topic.

Still no news?

This is good news.

For me and those I work with the biggest issue is not the addition of the ADS, as it can be stripped by copying the file to a FAT format USB flash drive, but the change of date and time to the file / contents of a .zip file.

Buket & Egemen,
Can I assume that once we have the release with option to disable the ADS and select it that the date changes will not occur?

I tested and found that most of the ADS can be removed except for ones that are located in certain Windows system areas.

I’m having the same issue using version 8. do you know where I can download a good latest build for Comodo firewall version 7 ?