CIS BSOD - Windows 10 Pro 1607 [M2221]

Yeah no BSOD to date without CIS installed. I’m pretty consistent with the thought that CIS isn’t the underlying cause; however it looks like CIS is triggering it to happen, which I don’t know where to point the blame from there.

Could this possibly be related to the FMA bug with the Ryzen chips?

Unlikely but who knows what other instructions can cause problems on Ryzen. Also the way I understand the FMA issue is that it will hang a system and not produce a blue screen.

Correct and oddly enough I had had locks and BSOD originally before updating my bios with CIS installed. After the bios fix I would only get BSOD until removing CIS completely. Should I try one of the other comodo products to see if it’s just CIS causing it?

Sure though CCAV is not as complex as CIS and is more of a lightweight version of CIS.

Please check issue with CIS 10.0.1.6294 thanks.

I’ll give it a try once I get a little bit of time to do so and report back. Thank you.

Due you still get BSoD? Are you still running Windows 10 1607 or have you updated to a new Windows version which might fix the issue?

I’ve experienced this same issue for months not knowing what was causing it. BlueScreenView didn’t point to Comodo as being the problem, but after uninstalling it the crashes stopped for weeks until I reinstalled it. My crashes weren’t nearly as frequent, occurring days apart rather than hours, but when I did have a BSOD on one of my computers, the other one would crash within the next 12 hours like clockwork. There was a question in this thread about it being related to a Ryzen issue and both of my computers have Ryzen processors. I switched one computer over to CCAV and it hasn’t had either of the blue screen crashes (MEMORY MANAGEMENT, IRQ NOT LESS OR EQUAL) since. I’ve attached the kernal memory dump and CIS diagnostics.

Kernel memory dumps are to big to attach to the post so you will need to upload it to a file sharing site and provide the download link.

Alright, I got the right dump file this time. I posted it to Google Drive https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nTCQ-uyEW1hHxQ9bAfRfWgH-B3ffezK7/view?usp=sharing