CIS becoming paid?

as long as they dont reply in this forum ill not put faith in this post on itarian… hope they talk about it here, at comodos house…

edit.: word from melih there…

“Originally posted by MSPMSP View Post :So we will be mining for gold in the company town. That didn’t work for the people who used to live in them.”

“Mellih: why would you not support a product that is trying to make using that product cost-neutral for you?
We want to invest more in providing better, stronger product to help you and achieve that without costing you.
In return all we are asking is: the monies you spend with other companies on other products, spend it with our partner companies so that Itarian can invest more in the platform it is providing at no cost to you!”

*** thats it… comodo is dead.

Have you ever noticed that Melih is talking about Itarian remote management and Comodo Client Security(CCS) which will now only be free for up to 10 computers? Itarian changed their model from free to “cost neutral” and this is creating a lot of complains from users at their forums…

Melih is not talking about CIS or home users in this case, so please don’t spread misinformation. Comodo wanting revenue from enterprise users is nothing new, they need it in order for CIS to remain free for home users.

Stopped using CIS 3 months ago. Using Windows 10 built-in security+Veeam backup. I think I’ll stay that way.

!ot! Then I hope you make sure to do your backup on a daily basis… Below video shows Windows Defender with its “new Sandbox” getting destroyed by Ransomware.

CIS could be worse than a malware. That’s why I stopped using it. So many unresolved issues. Looks like they are going to solve them once and for all…

I guess you could create a backup image of your OS before installing CIS. Then after installing it succesfully with no sign of issues, do another backup image. If during a CIS program update you run into issues then you can restore a backup, then disable program updates at CIS until Comodo fixes the issue.

Also, this:

Or… I could just stop using CIS and start using my computer. Which I did.

The higher is the level of protection provided by a Security software, more maintenance it will require. CIS roots itself very deeply at Windows, it’s no surprise issues may happen, when handling such software you gotta have Backup and other measures in place in case things go wrong.

Windows Defender may as well cause you issues, if not from Malware infection then from False Positives on critical OS files which happened with multiple AV vendors in the past.

As the saying goes ’ If you don’t ask you don’t get ’ :wink:

Well sometimes anyway ;D

read melih coment… its clear the change in perception and strategy, as of the change with the “free forever” ideal… this talsk for itself…

no problem for me cis becoming paid it was over better for free product other companies don’t do this usually actually never

I got a word from Shane:

For me it is now official CIS will stay free. It is in line with what Fatih Orhan stated at the Itarian forums.

I’m not sure about this. The few page where was possibile to download free in this days are now with the only price.
I believe the end of a free Comodo Internet Security seems to be near.

Your post must have crossed my previous one.

I’m looking forward to see what the website will look like.

dont get me wrong but its strange considering what melih wrote on that topic/forum. i expect that cis will continue to be free until 01/2020…

hope to be wrong about it… but the “free forever” thing is dead from what melih stated there…

What part of CIS will be free and the pages will be updated Wednesday don’t you seem to not understand? Two Comodo staff members specifically acknowledge that CIS will be free and the website will reflect it tomorrow.

Again what part of the Itarian platform does not mean the consumer versions don’t you seem to understand? Comodo Client Securiy/Advanced Endpoint Protection is the enterprise edition that is only available through the Itarian platform which does not relate to or affect CIS which is the consumer home edition.

I don’t know why this became such an issue in the first place just because the website became a mess which it has always been, CIS has and will always be free regardless of how it is presented on the Comodo website. The forums will always point to the direct download link that does not require you to purchase a licence in order to download CIS.

With that being said topic locked as is it is no longer neccessary to post useless replies trying to spread misinformation and Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt.

I am unlocking this topic but with futuretech’s warning to not spread Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt. In particular this is a warning for vitim (formerly known as Yro). Tread carefully because when we give you the boot, this time, it will be permanently.

Please refrain from speculations but rather comment on the new to be published web page.

As of 1pm UK time Wed 9 Oct 2019, it still isn’t showing any reference to being Free at the website. Hopefully by end of day USA time it might…

Mike

Don’t think they ever been removed - just somewhat confusing to find them. Hopefully they’ll be soon made clearer:

Links as posted on the start of this thread:

Free CIS: Comodo Internet Security Pro | Complete Internet Protection Suite
Free Firewall: https://www.comodo.com/home/internet-security/firewall-new.php

This one, when clicking Personal: Best Internet Security Software 2022 | Antivirus Total Security

Nice, they seem to have started to add it back.

[Edit] They have also put it back on the following subdomain pages: