CIS 6 Fever

I also hope to see the return of DACS… When can we expect the first screenshot of version 6 (Alpha or Beta)?

What was DACS again? :slight_smile:

What new stuff is coming to v6, I know bits and bobs only.

DACS is a multi-engine virus checking, like virustotal.

I was wondering…actually there’s no need to change/make stronger the automatic sandbox, cause CIS already has a feature, that in my opinion hadn’t been properly developed, but is powerful: the manual sandbox.
It works like sandboxie (full virtualization), but for the moment I use sandboxie, cause CIS manual sandbox has not several features (direct files recovering etc…) that are very important.
So, thinking about CIS 6, couldn’t developers make CIS manual sandbox just like sandboxie (who uses sandboxie knows what I’m talking about)??
You would start everything you want in the sandbox, like the browser…so everything downloaded by the firefox, ie, opera, cd etc…would be totally virtualized…and in the meantime its behaviour would be analyzed by D+ and in the cloud (in case of unknown file, otherwise there’s no need of that).
If the .exe analysis would be ok, than you would recover the file, if you would want to try the new software in the sandbox, then you should only to install it in the sandbox, and check its behaviour…
I don’t know if I made me understood…my opinion for CIS 6 is: there’s non need of the automatic sandbox. The only important thing is to develop tha manual one, and make it like sandboxie…

the auto sandbox is a very important component to CIS, and in my opinion needed the most improvements. The sandbox is the backbone to CIS, it is a automated defense + and stops all the zero day malware. So to make it stronger it needs full virtualization so no remnants of malware are left on the system. The current auto sandbox leaves remnants and allows the malware to do certain things to the system.

the manual sandbox will be very important aswell since browsers, by default, will run in the sandbox.

DACS

If you look on page 7 of this thread i made a pretty big list of what might be coming to v6.

What is so interesting is a GUI program?
and yet is it true that Comodo Internet Security 6 can be treated zlavredy?
And when it is expected

At any date will be issued programe comodo internet security6.0

At any date will be issued programe comodo internet security6.0

mod edit: MERGED post (topic).

there is no set date. a couple months back egemen (head developer) said it should be out at the end of april.

In almost any month

I hope they will make:

On demand virus scanning faster

Include URL filter into AV

And make submitting infected files option easier ;D

Any update with the release date CIS 6 beta? :■■■■

I think around 25th we will have some news about the new version.

Also maybe do a box/banner letting know the user that AV database was updated

Improve scanning as even my system feel impact and slow while Comodo AV scans

I ??? what else :-[

History shows a beta may not be released before the summer.
As I am fond of saying. It won’t be released before it is ready. There is no set date or schedule as to when we could expect to see it.

Which OS, Processor and RAM are you running that would cause your computer to slow down so much while the Comodo AV is scanning?

~Maxx~

I’m running Windows 7 64-Bit, Intel Core I5, 4GB of RAM

The scan itself is the full Comodo scan with max settings…

So any news on CIS6 Beta?

Mods will get the beta first or will directly be available in the forum?