CIS 6 Confirmed Features

CIS 6 Beta will be there at any time. So I think it would be good to know what CIS 6 will bring surely & what may or may not be there.

Wot say frds?

Thanxx
Naren

:-TU

Yeah, will there be improvements in sandbox? That would be nice.

It is known for months that there will be virtualized auto sandbox… 88)

What is that - virtualized auto sandbox?
Is the Sandboxie a virtualized auto sandbox?

Yeah…something like that… :-TU

Eager to test new beta :-TU
So happy that at last 5.8 final version released But sad that the beta ended

Great work guys Cheers :-TU :love:

What about features like

Local Behaviour Blocker
Valkyrie in the Cloud
Site Inspector
Threatcast Return - File Rating System with other features (Melih mentioned somewhere in the forum)

The only sure feature I know about is Virtualization, but dont know it will be for both AutoSandbox & Unlimited Rights Popup - Sandbox or not.

Thanxx
Naren

[quote author=naren link=topic=77368.msg553322#msg553322 date=1318425657]
What about features like

Local Behaviour Blocker
Valkyrie in the Cloud
Site Inspector
Threatcast Return - File Rating System with other features (Melih mentioned somewhere in the forum)

The only sure feature I know about is Virtualization, but dont know it will be for both AutoSandbox & Unlimited Rights Popup - Sandbox or not.

Thanxx
Naren

+1 :-TU

Instead of access rights restrictions, the automatic sandbox will utilize a fully virtualized file system, like the manual sandbox uses.

…will utilize a fully virtualized file system and registry…right?

That would be my assumption.

How about this wishlist ? (just a collection of the most requested ones)

1. Offline update from GUI
  2. Detailed info during scanning (Optional)
  3. Automatic cleaning as soon as threats are found (manual scans) (Optional)
  4. Shutdown after scan completion (Optional)
  5. Network bandwidth monitor and limiter
  6. Parental control (somewhat like local control panel for secure dns)
  7. Device protection (usb/dvd etc.,) (write protect /completely block)
  8. Search , sort and group availablility in all areas (D+ trusted files, policies, Firewall policies, etc.,)
  9. Separate lists for local and cloud trusted files
  10. Full control on Trusted Vendor List
  11. CIS Version number and Databases version on the Main Page
  12. Update option in the Comodo icon right click menu
  13. Different icon colours for different CIS states

i—User configurable setting[/i]

EVEN these are required

https://forums.comodo.com/wishlist-cis/reverse-dns-lookup-and-whois-for-ip-in-alert-windows-t69214.0.html

https://forums.comodo.com/wishlist-cis/suggestion-for-option-to-speed-scan-and-reduce-ram-and-cpu-usage-t77195.0.html

I agree. :wink: 1000000 :-TU :-TU :-TU

Hello, I’m your friendly (mostly) neighbourhood Moderator. :slight_smile:
!ot!
So, naren what do you need… a change of Subject to something more… erm… appropriate or the liberal application of the old OFF TOPIC smiley with some added “Grrr… get back on-topic you rabble!” posts?

:wink:

Wow… was my post ever this kiss of death to this topic. Sorry about that, it certainly wasn’t my intention to shut this topic down or to ruin everybody’s fun. Although it is useful to know that I can have this effect. ;D

I was merely trying to ensure that forum members were not confused by the Subject of the topic and its contents… much of which doesn’t seem to be “confirmed”. However, I was seriously suggesting a change of Subject… rather than the “Grrr” posts (that was my version of humour and being all friendly like). :slight_smile:

Concerning Wishlist I suggest to give ability to name and rename blocked ip-zones and ip-adresses. This facilitates the handling with blocked zones and prevents doubling of zones that are already blocked. Also a alphabetical and/or numerical column sorter for those ip-zones would be extremely useful.