CIS 5 link downloads the firewall

That’s what I have so download either the firewall or CIS because the latter says it is the premium installer but the program itself is again the firewall.

That’s the same link. I already tried it and you get the firewall again. Someone has renamed the file cispremium_installer_x86.exe but the file is identical in size to the firewall and that’s what you get if you install it. Ditto the 64 bit version.

… the program is the firewall AND Defense+ or only the firewall?

the firewall AND Defense+

I think someone may be confused here.

The download page is giving the correct installers. As far as i can tell.

Are you running the installer or just going by file size and similarities?

Bad

Thanks. It has been apparently been fixed. There have been several topics about this that I moved to the report forum and web site issues board.

So FW (cfw installer) contains also Defense+ ?

Yes.

I discovered the problem and found the fix. I discovered it by looking in the program directory where I found cavscan.exe which is clearly the AV component.

In fact the installer is correct. It’s just that, for reasons unknown to me, the default installation is the firewall and defense + only. You have to go to the start menu and locate the link for the firewall, NOT CIS. Then hit the link to Add or remove components. You will then see the Antivirus is unchecked. Check it and install. You will have to reboot but afterwards the suite is complete and I have to add, it seems to work really well.

So the only remaining question is… Why doesn’t the installer default to the full suite? If I had wanted the firewall only I would NOT have downloaded the CIS premium installer.

The download pages of the Comodo web site temporarily gave the wrong installer. Don’t think the two installers really differ that much.

Sorry it’s NOT fixed yet, I also downloaded the csipremium_installer_x86 and I only have a firewall.

:o

From what page did you download it?

Workaround:

The first was http://personalfirewall.comodo.com/free-download.html the XP 32 bit sp2

the second was a https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cis/comodo-internet-security-501626361135-released-t61661.0.html;msg434418#msg434418 that a mod had checked and said it worked(don’t worry, I’m not blaming the mod)

Thanks, I see it has been fixed.

Still another error to fix…
The web installer installs v4.1, not v5.0.

From what page are you downloading 7Leagues?

Yes but you have the option during installation of using D+ or not. The top option installs the Firewall with D+ disabled. I’m not sure what the differences are between the other two options but I know that both will give you D+.

Download Comodo Internet Security for Windows (select Universal Windows Web Installer)

Please start a topc in the Install / Setup / Configuration Help - CIS board.

That is not a probblem with the installer but something related to your individual system that needs a closer look