CIS 5.8 Beta - 98.54% detection

According to faravirusi.com (blog of a Comodo Malware Research Team volunteer) test, using 9096 malware samples from period 1 July – 9 september 2011:
98.33% (8944 malware detected) using default settings (low heuristics)
98.54% (8963 malware detected) using definited settings for best detection possible (high heuristics)
As he says, ‘‘it is a detection better than excellent considering that at least 1100 malwares were collected in the last week, so very new.’’

Available in Beta Corner.
https://forums.comodo.com/beta-corner-cis/comodo-internet-security-582066942075-beta-released-t76203.0.html

Those are some encouraging results to say the very least… :slight_smile:

Add to that the latest changes made to v5.8 beta3 to prevent recent malware from infecting I think we have a winner here… :■■■■ :BNC O0

Impressive indeed! Nice to see Comodo always striving to be the best as opposed to other vendors who put profit first with undeeded ■■■■ :stuck_out_tongue:

Great Comodo, congrats! :110:

Impressive? good results? compared with what?
What comodo has to do is participate in AVcomparatives

I must say the full credit goes to our amazing head of AV Labs Igor Demihovskiy

A big up for Igor everyone!!!

Melih

Give him a big hand and a bunch of drinks, Melih. (:CLP) :■■■■

Is Mr.Igor a former Kaspersky employee?

Kaspersky never had the luxury of having Igor :wink:

Congratulations!!! I rely on CIS for years and would never install a different product.
Keep up the extremely perfect work (CLY) (:LOV)

I tested CIS av against some old malware and the detection rate was 90,04% now you can start to say how bad is CAV again.

It’s very good detection ratio :slight_smile:
To compare you should test other products like Kaspersky, Avast.

Older malware is a weak spot of CIS as has been consistently shown by a number of tests over the years. That is probably the effect of being a relative new kind on the block.

Luckily there is always the sandbox as part of the security equation.

That being said I am happy to see Comodo is doing well with recent malware. To me that is a sign that Comodo’s processing of malware as it gets sent is working pretty efficient.

How old? Is it still malicious?

+1

I didn’t say that it was so old.
Is doing well? what if all the competence detects the 99.99% of th malware or 100% is CAV also doing well?

Don’t make up things, we have never see CIS AV tested by any decent organization, until that the best we can do is remain skeptical, I had enough today after reading some statements of Melih about the AV improvements in CIS 5.8 without any explanation or proof

How old is old?

On a side note, did you ever submit these malware samples to Comodo?

Is doing well? what if all the competence detects the 99.99% of th malware or 100% is CAV also doing well?
I said well not excellent of perfect.

I am looking at the longer run from CIS v3.5, when detecting ratios were truly low, until now. And at the longer run the detection capabilities have improved considerably as well as what seem recent developments to me.

Don't make up things, we have never see CIS AV tested by any decent organization, until that the best we can do is remain skeptical, I had enough today after reading some lies of Melih about the AV improvements in CIS 5.8
Melih has not answered to your question about changes yet. It is therefor too early to say some statements of Melih are lies. Please watch your tone.

I am reading my tea leafs and they tell me that one day Comodo AV will be tested by a decent AV testing organisation… :wink:

I had enough today after reading some lies of Melih about the AV improvements in CIS 5.8

LOL.
It’s probably just better performance and hard-work on an AV lab side.

Why are you insulting me? I didn’t insult you, I am building products that will benefit us all, I am not harming you, I am not insulting you, I am not swearing at you, I am merely providing a good security product for free and improving it continously.

I would kindly ask you to refrain from breaking the forum rules and would appreciate it if you edited your post.

thank you

Melih

Because there is no change on CIS.

I didn’t insult you, if you say something that is not true, say that is a lie, is a fact. Also if you keep avoiding the question, makes it more obvious.

You said answering in a beta forum to the recent changes in CIS 5.8 that the detection has been improved drastically.
https://forums.comodo.com/beta-corner-cis/comodo-internet-security-582066942075-beta-released-t76203.0.html;msg546195#msg546195

There is nothing in the changelog about that, so egemen does no know, or there is no improvement in CAV.