What you did: Nothing. I was just surfing the net when I got the popup window advising that CIS had a bug and wanted me to email the bug report, which I did, but in my forum thread about another CIS issue, they suggested I also create this thread. Here’s my other thread. https://forums.comodo.com/firewall-help-cis/cis-firewall-blocking-comodo-t67492.0.html
What actually happened or you actually saw: Just the pop up notice of the bug report and asking me to email it to Comodo, which I did.
What you expected to happen or see: N/A
How you tried to fix it & what happened: No, other than these two threads.
If its an application compatibility problem have you tried the application fixes here?: N/A
Details & exact version of any application (execpt CIS) involved with download link: N/A
Whether you can make the problem happen again, and if so exact steps to make it happen: No.
Any other information (eg your guess regarding the cause, with reasons): This is a fresh clean install of CIS 5.3x and things worked fine for a few days until I had these two issues.
Files appended. (Please zip unless screenshots).
- Screenshots illustrating the bug:
- Screenshots of related CIS event logs and the Defense+ Active Processes List: See other thread for screenshts of that issue. I’m not sure if that issue is related to this bug reprort.
- A CIS config report or file. Zip file attached.
- Crash or freeze dump file:
- CIS version, AV database version & configuration used: 5.3.174x
- a) Have you updated (without uninstall) from CIS 3 or 4: NO
b) if so, have you tried a clean reinstall (without losing settings - if not please do)?: YES
- a) Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS: NO
b) if so, have U tried a standard config (without losing settings - if not please do)?:
- Have you made any other major changes to the default config? (eg ticked ‘block all unknown requests’, other egs here.):
- Defense+, Sandbox, Firewall & AV security levels: D+= , Sandbox= , Firewall = , AV =
- OS version, service pack, number of bits, UAC setting, & account type: XP-SP3, P4, 3.06Mhz processor speed, 784MB RAM
- Other security and utility software installed: No other active running programs. Regular scans with standalone programs like MalwareBytes, SuperAntiSpyware, etc.) with nothing big ever found.
- Virtual machine used (Please do NOT use Virtual box): NO
[attachment deleted by admin]