CIS 5.3 Official Release Date [Released]

it needed to be done becasue the engine in 3.14 is no where near as good as in v5 so people need to upgrade. V5 is a major step up in security and people using older version really needed to upgrade. If you really want v3.14 you could uninstall the AV and install another one.

So in other words COMODO is going to tell me when I want to upgrade. So what happens when COMODO comes out with another lemon version like the 4 series it never did work right on my Windows XP 64 bit system. It would freeze my computer making me to do a hard shut down time and time again until I went back to 3.14. So this time they got it right but what about version 6 or 7 and they end support for version 5 then where will you be ? I’ll tell you up the creak without a paddle.

I can’t wait for it to be released. Can the mods tell us what the new things are going to be in 5.1? if you cant tell it’s ok only time will tell.

that sometimes come after the new release :wink: :smiley:

so be patient mods don’t know that yet either :slight_smile:

Maybe I can’t. ;D

Maybe this is all a big hype… wouldn’t that be lovely? :slight_smile:

I’m certain it’s just a big hype. The DACS once revealed may be unheard of and certainly intriguing, but I see no reason why bugfixes have to wait for you guys to finish patenting an unrelated feature. Oo;

if its only waiting for patent then the reason for still no beta release is that the “technology” in the program is never used in any antivirus so its very new, if a beta with no patent were released then other antivirus vendors may copy the “technology” on it to create a “new” feature on his antivirus

Comodo is not forcing you whatsoever. Use another virus scanner and keep on using v3.14 firewall.

This is a free product. In the end there is but so much money that can be spent on compatibility with older versions.

Why is it that only COMODO Anti-Virus has a problem with definitions with older versions of Internet Security and other free Anti-Virus programs don’t. Isn’t definition a definition no matter what engine you apply it to? So I don’t see why you can’t let access to the definition data base to all version as other Anti-Virus programs do.

Who says there is a problem? I think it is choice rather than being incapable. Is money not a convincing enough reason? Especially these days.

Definition formats changed from v3 to v4 to v5. Comodo AV is still young compared to the other AV’s. Did other products support compatibility like you are requesting in their earlier stages of development? They do now but did they way in the past? That would be a fair comparison to make.

AVG Now 10. something still has the same definitions files as 6.0 and Avast 3 and Avast 5 is still able to take the same definitions. And Bit Defender 11 uses the same Definitions as 6.0 did. So why not COMODO ?

Despite all of that , are you gonna use a product which is unsopported by its developers ?

Did you release a beta of CIS 5.1

When did you release it 2010 or 2011

Why is it that only COMODO Anti-Virus has a problem with definitions with older versions of Internet Security and other free Anti-Virus programs don't.
It's not a problem, bug or glitch. Definition formats changed from v3 to v4 to v5 for comodo. You may not like the way they choose how to do the definitions, but That's just the way they choose to do things. Are you basicly asking about the methodology or reasoning behind it on why they to do it that way??

The way I see is this. 1) Install comodo 2) let it do the automatic updates 3) Then just forget about it from that point one.
Other that that, I don’t see the big deal. Are you using dial-up for an internet connection because that’s the only possible issue I could see. <—If that’s not the reason, I think your making a big deal out of nothing.
If you don’t like the the anti-virus, you can try some other ones until you find one that suits you perfectly. There is no AV that will make 100% of the people happy. Try avira or avast. There pretty good too :slight_smile:

AVG Now 10. something still has the same definitions files as 6.0 and Avast 3 and Avast 5 is still able to take the same definitions. And Bit Defender 11 uses the same Definitions as 6.0 did
Good for them, that's the style they choose to do.

What I saw on the 4 series of Internet Security gives me room to not just let the automated update do it’s thing. When 4 kept freezing up my 64 bit of XP I realize that the programmers of COMODO don’t always care about quality program just get it out there and if it screws up someone computer so what you got it for free. Now version 5 works good but do I trust that version 6 or 7 will do as well with my system as version 5 no way do I trust that from COMODO. There is a old saying fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me. So for me each version of COMODO Internet Security has to prove to me that it wont ■■■■■ up my system not assume that because one version doesn’t the next one wont either. Now before COMODO came out with version 4 I did assume that but not anymore. COMODO’S programmers are not consistence enough of putting out good non interfering programs. So for me with COMODO it is wait and see with every version. Doesn’t mean I wont try it but wont assume it will always work as they say it will.

All im waiting for is ipv6 protection on the firewall.

+1

~Maxx~

Agreed - I skipped v4, as it seemed to have problems and a change in v3 had locked up my computer. For v5, I cloned the HD before installing and also monitored the forums for problems, then waited for the first update before downloading.

Beware of software with even version numbers - and for this purpose, 5 is an even number.
5.0 is new; 5.1 has some fixes; 5.11 fixes the fixes and might be OK. That’s how I view updates, but in some cases, notably Opera and Avast!, even Alphas and Betas can be satisfactory.
Some companies release ‘WIR’ (‘When It’s Ready’); others seem to rush out software that’s dangerous.

It is ready and Comodo is working on implementing it according to egemen. May be it will come with v5.1.

As you said I also waited and read the forum before putting 5 on my computer. 5 came out on I believe September 14 and I didn’t put 5 on my computer until November 7. I waited to see if they were going to stop the Anti-Virus updates to version 3.14 and they did on November 2. So I waited and read everything that was said about version 5 and finally decided to go for it on November 7. I told my wife not to put it on her Vista laptop until I tested it for a couple of weeks on my desktop 64 bit XP. And this about 5 Anti-Virus engine being better than 3.14 was. I don’t see this 5 engine has the same amount of false positives as 3.14 did plus 5 engine is about 20 percent slower in scanning my computer than the 3.14 engine was. I do believe when I can to have my Anti-Virus and main defense program all in one but I also see that the programmers here at COMODO is more concern with getting it out there than to make sure most of the bugs are out before they do. So far so good with 5.0.142 no problems on my 64 bit XP in fact once I told the sandbox what programs on my computer not to sandbox even the sandbox works without interfering with my computer or its programs. I am not sure about 5.1 I’ll read up on it a lot before tying it out if they get it out by Christmas I might try it on my computer about February or March. Anything else is to ■■■■■■■ my hard drive with all those hard shut downs that I had to do with both versions 4.0 and 4.1.