CIS 3.5.53896.424 GUI bug (Vista SP1 64bit)

Hello there!

Today I’ve encountered a strange bug in the CIS GUI. Namely, the left side of some ‘windows’ in the CIS is truncated (there is no outline on the left side).

What’s more surprising yesterday and the day before yesterday everything was fine :o

PS. I have also experienced this issue when CIS was at the RC stage (I guess it was the second RC, but I’m not sure; I know that there is/was a similar topic in the BETA section of this forum, but apparently this bug has not been ironed out, that’s why I’m posting)

1. 64bit
  2. Vista SP1 64Bit
  3. Avira Antivir Personal, AVG 8.0.175 Free (real-time scanning disabled), BOclean 4.27, CIS (real-time scanning in the antivirus module disabled), CMF, SafeSurf, Windows Defender
  4. Firewall: Safe mode
    Defense+: Clean PC Mode
  5. Administrator account with UAC disabled.

PS2. Not all the ‘windows’ are affected (the bigger ones aren’t; except for the ‘Stealth Port Wizard’ one in the Firewall section).
I’m attaching a couple of screenshots to give you an idea of how this looks.
There might be more windows that are affected.

Regards

PS3. Thanks for a GREAT product!!! :BNC :BNC :BNC

[attachment deleted by admin]

I can confirm this bug but on the right side.

win XP x32 sp3
W2K3 R2 x32 sp2
CIS firewall and Defense+ installed (without AV and surf safe)

Yeah I had that bug too really annoying…

https://forums.comodo.com/other_general_gui_etc_bugs/about_cis-t28728.0.html

V7chy

Hello again

UPDATE

Today I noticed that there’s no bar at the top of some windows.
Attaching a couple of screenshots.

I think this bug has something to do with the updates, but I AM NOT sure of that. What makes me think so is that during the weekend Comodo didn’t issue any updates for the CIS (I checked it several times in the Miscellaneous → About section and it said that the database version was 457).
Maybe today’s update ■■■■■■■ things up, but as I said before that’s pure speculation. During the weekend and yesterday as well everything was working fine for me, I haven’t noticed any glitches in the GUI.

Hope this helps.

Regards

PS. A reboot seems to fix this up.

This bug is still present in the .427 release.

Anyone else can confirm this?

I once experienced something similar to this on XP Pro x64 where the titlebar on many of the smaller windows would not show up. A logout/login seemed to have fixed it, and I haven’t seen it since.

Same Issue

Pentium 4 2.8 Ghz HT 32 bit
Windows XP SP2 Russian
CIS (without AV) .427 + NOD32 2.7.39
Clicking on buttons “Define a New Bocked Application”, “Stealsh Port Wizard”, and some other.
It is a very strange bug - you never know when you will see it.
Solving - restart GUI (R-click in tray - exit, then Start - Programs - …)
D+ - CleanPC Mode, Firewall - Safe Mode. In Advanced settings manually defined some Network Zones and Port Sets.

Confirming the subject. See attachment.

My computer config:

• Windows Vista Ultimate x64 SP1 with UAC enabled
  • COMODO Firewall version 3.5.55810.432
  • Avira antivirus installed
  • 8 RAM DDR2
  • AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ CPU on ASUS M2N-E