CID won't play Netflix suddenly

Been using CID for a few months now and it is honestly better than Chrome, IE/Edge, Firefox, etc. However for some reason unknown to me I am suddenly no longer to play Netflix streaming videos. I didn’t change anything, do anything, or reset anything. Just opened up CID, went to netflix, clicked a show, and nothing happens. It plays in Edge and Chrome.

FYI: CID still plays Amazon Prime videos, so I’m guessing that this has something to do with Flash/the flash plugin, since Prime uses Silverlight or HTML5.

One odd thing: Since using CID, every time I loaded a video in Netflix, a yellow bard appeared and disappeared that said “IceDragon is installing components needed to play the audio or video on this page. Please try again later.” But it would disappear right away and the movie would play. NOW the yellow bar appears and doesn’t go away.

Any thoughts, tips, suggestions, or help would be appreciated! I really don’t want to go to Edge or Chrome every time I load a Netflix video. Thanks. :slight_smile:

Did you ever figure this out? I have the same problem. Searched for an answer to no avail.

I have the same issue with the no play report, Net Flix no longer is functional for me with this browser. It just says ice dragon is installing components needed to play the audio or video on this page. Please try again later. Really like all the great things you all have done with the browser, if it wasn’t for this issue I would use no other browser.

Thanks to all!

Pewter Dude