Changes

Hello,

Below I propose some changes in the Comodo offer. It will certainly irritate a number of posters and provoke reactions.

Here are the changes:

• Stop the support of Comodo Dragon and Comodo Ice Dragon and transfer the teams on the following topics. Comodo is still running behind Chrome and Firefox;
  • Make Edge Chromium and Chrome work in the container and in Comodo Secure Shopping;
  • Make Web Filtering more reliable by avoiding Comodo’s stuttering when writing to the log;
  • Enhance and improve Comodo Internet Security Essentials;
  • Enhance and improve Comodo Online Security.

It is possible to install CSS outside the CIS installation. If CSS is installed at the same time as CIS it is possible to set some functions of CSS in CIS in particular the addition of “websites for Secure Shopping protection”, a function that so far does not work. I don’t think this feature is necessary. We know when we make a transaction and we are able to activate CSS directly.
Once these evolutions are taken into account, I propose to rename CSS to CS Transaction because it is more generic and is also used for access to banking web sites.

Some will certainly not agree with these proposals.

I propose to rename CSS to CS Transaction because it is more generic and is also used for access to banking web sites.
I really like that name :■■■■
Here are the changes: - Stop the support of Comodo Dragon and Comodo Ice Dragon and transfer the teams on the following topics. Comodo is still running behind Chrome and Firefox; - Make Edge Chromium and Chrome work in the container and in Comodo Secure Shopping; - Make Web Filtering more reliable by avoiding Comodo's stuttering when writing to the log; - Enhance and improve Comodo Internet Security Essentials;
Agreed
- Enhance and improve Comodo Online Security.
If its not regularly maintained, then drop it. and create a link for Ublock Orgin. As for blocking ads, its the best way to go about it.

Maybe Comodo DNS can do what “nextdns” is doing, Have it encrypted and categories of stuff to be blocked

Some will certainly not agree with these proposals.
Everyone has a right to an opinion as long as its approprate and in the right place :)

Hi domo78,

We will report this to the team notice and update you.

IMHO CIS Virtual Desktop is an equivalent of CSS.
So, do we still need to install CSS as we can use CIS Virtual Desktop instead?

A priori, VD needs Dragon and Silverlight.

it is extremely constraining.

No, both are not required nor needed to start using VD.

Select NON and VD will start anyway.

With CIS Virtual Desktop you can do banking in the same secure and isolated way as with CSS.

I don’t see the need to install CSS when CIS Virtual Desktop provides the same functionality.