A. The bug/issue
- What you did: nothing
- What actually happened or you actually saw:Update program error. Therefor, an error dialog box popup when CIS update automatically or manually
- What you expected to happen or see:nothing but an error dialog box.
- How you tried to fix it & what happened: Completely uninstall CIS(including using the uninstaller tool.exe) and download&install the latest version. Shutdown all programs that may cause conflicts include Mactype/Soluto/ProcessLasso. But nothing changed.
Tried to run the cfpupdat.exe directly from the install directory. Looks like it works!
- If its a software compatibility problem have you tried the compatibility fixes (link in format)?: No
- Details & exact version of any software (execpt CIS) involved (with download link unless malware):No
- Whether you can make the problem happen again, and if so exact steps to make it happen: Everytime when CIS update automatically or manually
- Any other information (eg your guess regarding the cause, with reasons): I guess the main program call the cfpupdat.exe in an incorrect way…
B. Files appended. (Please zip unless screenshots).
- Screenshots of the Defense plus Active Processes List (Required for all issues):
- Screenshots illustrating the bug: I use simplified Chinese OS. The title means: cfpupdat.exe Application error. The content means: Application error occurs unknown software error exception (0x0000409), location is 0x400713b0. To abort the program, please press “OK”. To debug the program, please press “Cancel”.
- Screenshots of related CIS event logs:
- A CIS config report or file.
- Crash or freeze dump file:
- Screenshot of More~About page. Can be used instead of typed product and AV database version.
C. Your set-up
- CIS version, AV database version & configuration used: Screenshot
- a) Have you updated (without uninstall) from from a previous version of CIS: Yes
b) if so, have you tried a clean reinstall (without losing settings - if not please do)?: Yes
- a) Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS: No
b) if so, have U tried a standard config (without losing settings - if not please do)?:
- Have you made any other major changes to the default config? (eg ticked ‘block all unknown requests’, other egs here.): No
- Defense+, Sandbox, Firewall & AV security levels: D+=Safe mode , Sandbox=Disabled , Firewall =Safe mode , AV = None I think there’s nothing to do with this…
- OS version, service pack, number of bits, UAC setting, & account type:
Windows 7 with SP1 x64 version (Simplified Chinese OS), default UAC settings, administrator account
- Other security and utility software currently installed: None
- Other security software previously installed at any time since Windows was last installed: None
- Virtual machine used (Please do NOT use Virtual box): I have VMware Workstation 8 installed on my computer but CIS is installed in the host
[attachment deleted by admin]