cfpres Error 0x0 + cfpres.dll (3.0.14 x32)

lol no fix in the new updte fore my

[attachment deleted by admin]

Me too. I just got the same error (but with a different PNG file mentioned in the first popup) while installing the latest Quicktime update. :frowning: And of course, what happened after the second popup is that CFP killed itself! This is bad, bad, bad.

1. CPU (32 bit or 64 bit): 32
  2. Operating System information (including Service Pack Version): XP Japanese SP2
  3. Actively-running security and utility applications: NOD32, Windows Defender
  4. Specific symptoms of the bug, and steps you can take to reproduce it: CFP crash during quicktime install; no desire to reproduce the bug, sorry.
  5. Specific steps you have taken to try to resolve it: a humble prayer: “O Comodo gods, I beseech thee, let all thine anger and all thy fury be released upon this evil bug, for it is the spawn of the devil.”
  6. Brief description of your Defense+ and Firewall+ mode (Custom, Train with safe) plus mention if you modified any setting in ADVANCED section of D+ and F+: using all default settings (Clean PC Mode & Train with Safe Mode).

G’day,

As an interim fix, please copy CFPRES.DLL from your C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMODO\FIREWALL\REPAIR folder to your C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMODO\FIREWALL folder and reboot.

Alternatively, download the attached CFPRES.ZIP, extract CFPRES.DLL from it and place it in your C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMODO\FIREWALL folder and then reboot.

This issue has been bought to the attention of the development team. Please bear with them until a solution is found.

TIA
Ewen :slight_smile:

P.S. Out of curiousity, have either of you installed Comodo Memory Firewall??

Thanks, Ewen. Glad to hear this one’s on the developers’ radar. In the meantime I’ll try your first interim fix. (Btw, I didn’t see any attached zip file with your post above; maybe I’m just not looking where I ought to be…)

Nope. Haven’t even heard of it.

LOL ;D
Thanks for the bugreport. Not all points were mandatory but you managed to fill the gaps nicely

Anyway your description doesn’t fit the general reported scenario. Usually cfpres.dll crashes on windows logon. This is maybe a new bug.
Did you update to a official apple quicktime or some unofficial alternative?

DOH!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Did you update to a official apple quicktime or some unofficial alternative?

yikes gibran, the full QT is horrible bloat, give me QTA any day, not that I ever use it, it just comes with K-lite :slight_smile:

DOH!!

hehe, I was going to pm you about that, but you beat me to it :slight_smile:

Official apple quicktime, standalone version (not the iTunes + QT bundle). Possibly related: I recently (2-3 weeks ago) installed Miro and removed the QT plugin from Firefox. No doubt when I updated QT it was stealing back all the file associations and reinstalling the browser plugin.

The only other time I experienced this bug (about a couple weeks ago, using the initial CFP v3 release) was also not at Windows logon. When it crashed that time, I was doing a scan with AVG anti-spyware and browsing with Firefox.

I actually prefer VLC and sometimes I search and install specific codecs (eg. ffdshow) te ease management issues.

BTW I any of you can confirm this I guess this is the first time I found cfpres.dll crashes during common pc operations. We should check this in other related bugreports too.

thx fore the help and the works fine and i hope the works in a long time,

:THNK :■■■■ :BNC

more error and the help is not fore long and new error och this sucks (:AGY)