CFP.exe CPU: intermittent high consumption [Issue: #254 - WF]

Hi,
Is there any program I could use to register what cfp.exe is doing when it is using a considerable amount of cpu cycles?

Also, if I right-click a process in Process Explorer I see an option to create a Mini dump or a Full dump. Would it be useful to create either of them?

One more question: how to enable the ‘Debug’ option in task manager? It’s greyed-out on my system. BTW, what does this option do actually?

Thanks

Guys,

This happens when avast and cfp are installd together and cfp is set to learn some rules.

Defaults should do just fine. Just make sure, if you are using avast, dont enable “Create rules for safe applications” option in D+/Firewall settings.

Who would have thought that the solution was so simple? O0
This workaround seems to have worked! cfp.exe no longer hogs the cpu :).

BTW, are you going to fix this permanently, so that I could re-enable “Create rules for safe applications”?

Thanks a lot!

It is an avast issue. Its really not something we can fix. I dont know the technical analysis right now but Avast is probably intercepting registry access of CFP or somethign like that.

somebody should tell it also to CIS autoupdate feature. :slight_smile:

You are probably right, but this also means you start over with CIS putting up alerts about just about every process on your PC until it learns again what you consider safe or unsafe. If I have to start from scratch with Comodo every time an update is released, I’m going to find a different security suite to use, as this is way too much of a hassle.

Let’s stay on topic gentlemen. This is a bug report.